Has anyone put their central heating on yet?

Vladimir says freeze you bastards.

The massive increase in the cost of our energy has nothing to do with putin.
The UK uses only a reaction of the Russian gas that other European countries do (circa 4% of our gas iirc).
The reason that our energy costs have gone ballistic is that they’re tied to the commercial price of gas on the European market. Thus, electricity produced by solar or hydroelectric or North Sea oil or Polish coal etc. has increased in price in step with the commercial European gas price even though the cost of production is not in the least effected by it.

The reason we suffer is that the tories are refusing to adjust the pricing mechanism as it’s gifting £billions of our money to themselves and their mates who own shares in our now privatised energy companies.
In France, which is about 10x more dependant on Russian gas than we are, the government owns the energy companies and has capped the prices accordingly. The irony is that the French government owned company EDF is making a killing from the increased charges that they’re now allowed to levy in the UK.

The only true increase in energy costs is with regards to palleted logs for wood burning stoves, and the cost of that has gone through the roof because so much of it was imported from Europe but brexit has fucked the cost of imports from Europe right up.

The wife has succumbed today, the grey and rain has got to her and the heating is whirring for the first time in some months. (Secretly I'm enjoying it too but she's not allowed to know that).

Bought 4 hot water bottles in the week (Not had one since I was a nipper) tried it out in the living room whilst watching TV and it was lovely.

I am not going to pay those prices for gas and leccy, it's balaclava time.

Bought 4 hot water bottles in the week (Not had one since I was a nipper) tried it out in the living room whilst watching TV and it was lovely.

I am not going to pay those prices for gas and leccy, it's balaclava time.
Some people buy luxury cars or fancy watches. I spend my money on luxury central heating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.