Has anyone put their central heating on yet?

I moved from Scottish Power to Octopus. Meter display with SP failed shortly after being put in. Octopus replaced both meters within a few weeks and all is good now. i actully have introduced quite like the readout and have encouraged Mrs to only boil water needed at any one time rather than fill kettle every time.

Maybe an hour or two every few days. I prefer to sit with a hot water bottle as a lumbar pillow, with a blanket if I really am in danger of getting chilly. Bugger me if that isn't a very effective alternative indeed. Warmth gets right in your bones, and stays there. Don't care about the temp of the flat then.

In the process of getting a smart meter fitted.

Those of you that already have one, do you use it, how often do you check your readings, and has it made a difference to your gas and electric costs/savings? Thanks.
I check ours once a day, just to see if what we‘ve used is normal. As others have suggested, you can become obsessed by it.

The price increases haven’t been huge for us as of yet, but putting the heating on changes that instantly. It’s about £4 for the first hour or so of heat.

I moved from Scottish Power to Octopus. Meter display with SP failed shortly after being put in. Octopus replaced both meters within a few weeks and all is good now. i actully have introduced quite like the readout and have encouraged Mrs to only boil water needed at any one time rather than fill kettle every time.
It took a smart meter to bring the realisation that it is cheaper to boil enough water for one or two cups rather than a kettle full?
Now I know why they call them smart

Have been keeping a close eye on my smart meter. Am managing to keep the daily cost down to under £2 per day so far, for both electric and gas combined.

Have been keeping a close eye on my smart meter. Am managing to keep the daily cost down to under £2 per day so far, for both electric and gas combined.
How the fuck have you managed that? Just by putting our immersion heater on at night rate it’s £1.90 by 9 am or do you not bother with hot water?

I am reading my meters every four weeks and i am remarkably stable , it was a tiny bit more in july when i had the ceiling fan on but am not too scared of my bill next month , fix ends in dec , have decided to try and get through the winter unaided by heating

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.