Has anyone put their central heating on yet?

If you put that crap in your walls, you'll have condensation and eventually damp.
The cavity is there for a good reason ;)

i've not got cavity wall insulation in my house, and you can bloody tell when it turns into late autumn/winter. The heating just disappears out of the house. I can get it warm, but it will not stay warm and that racks up the bills.

I've heard mixed opinions about cavity wall insulation, and yours is not uncommon; it will create a damp bridge and cause more problems longer term. But what do i do? it's really quite chilly in my house without the heating. Surely i can increase the efficiency some how...

I have insulated walls, makes no odds as the crawl space under the house makes it freezing in the winter and red hot indoors in the summer , i am here in bed with gloves on !

My walls aren't insulated it appears as I recently had a period of birds flying around in the cavities.. and eventually appearing in various spots around the house. Strange experience having birds flying around your kitchen!

My walls aren't insulated it appears as I recently had a period of birds flying around in the cavities.. and eventually appearing in various spots around the house. Strange experience having birds flying around your kitchen!
Ha, welcome to life with merlin , most are dead but i have had one or two alive ones flapping around the kitchen , dont get me started on mice everwhere you cant get them out of , little shit , lol

I've been experimenting with having no heating for the past four days since my wife went on a business trip just to see how it feels, because I hear a lot of people cannot afford it.
It is a scary stuff if you ask me, four bedroom Victorian house, the end of terrace (six houses), the rest disappeared during The Blitz. Double glazed, insulated lofts and and insulated end-of-terrace-side. And yet temperature vary between 11 and 14 C degrees, depending on the floor and the side of the house. Just to think we are asked to pay £1+ million for the houses that lose 98% of their heat in couple of hours when the temperature hits 10 and bellow is preposterous.
The dog doesn't give shit, the fecker will sleep anywhere if he had a walk and something to eat, the cat is absolutely hating it and she is always on the prowl trying to jump into my lap. It almost feels living like a homeless in a card box.
The only solution is to raze to ground this Victorian crap and build a proper house.

I've been experimenting with having no heating for the past four days since my wife went on a business trip just to see how it feels, because I hear a lot of people cannot afford it.
It is a scary stuff if you ask me, four bedroom Victorian house, the end of terrace (six houses), the rest disappeared during The Blitz. Double glazed, insulated lofts and and insulated end-of-terrace-side. And yet temperature vary between 11 and 14 C degrees, depending on the floor and the side of the house. Just to think we are asked to pay £1+ million for the houses that lose 98% of their heat in couple of hours when the temperature hits 10 and bellow is preposterous.
The dog doesn't give shit, the fecker will sleep anywhere if he had a walk and something to eat, the cat is absolutely hating it and she is always on the prowl trying to jump into my lap. It almost feels living like a homeless in a card box.
The only solution is to raze to ground this Victorian crap and build a proper house.

Same 140 year old solid brick end of terrace, currently working from home with half my body in berghaus sleeping bag and fingerless gloves like Marve from Home Alone haha. Just put the heating on for a couple of hours now the kids are home.

Makes you wonder how we managed when I grew up, no such thing as central heating. Snow and ice outside, I suppose we just got used to being cold so it became the norm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.