Has City explained the logic of buying other football clubs?

Marvin

I don't get it.

Is it about building international support for City? i.e. easier to get football fans to support City if they have a City team in their own League?

Are we not storing up problems for the future? It's only a question of when we have a proper International Club competition and City clubs would be excluded from playing each other

Re: Has City explained the logic of buying other football cl

Marvin said:
I don't get it.

Is it about building international support for City? i.e. easier to get football fans to support City if they have a City team in their own League?

Are we not storing up problems for the future? It's only a question of when we have a proper International Club competition and City clubs would be excluded from playing each other

Think its all about making money from global sponsorship deals with clubs in each continent.

City now have branch offices in every single English speaking commercial marketplace. US, Europe and Australia. Added to their already great contact books in the Middle East and now Japan/maybe China, City are building a global commercial network.

I imagine they'll use this global commercial network to create new revenue

Also under FFP did the Sheikh not bung New York a load of dosh that they then paid to City for image rights ?

Mainly money I guess, but to have successful clubs in all parts of the world can also be advantageous in other ways but most lead back to making money. If you support NYCFC then it's likely that you also feel an affiliation with MCFC and MHC and the Japanese club. The idea is quite good but its to be seen how they can maintain all the clubs in a structured way and give each other club the attention it needs to be successful. Id hope the main thing about the others is having homegrown players in their teams ie Americans in NYCFC and Australians in MHC. That would give city an option to purchase the good players first if they are to be a top talent.

jonmcity said:
Marvin said:
I don't get it.

Think its all about making money from global sponsorship deals with clubs in each continent.
This.
its quite straight forward, they have created a brand out of manchester city sort of speak. the brand is larger than manchester city itself.

its in Khaldoo's interview. Beyond football and commercial success, CFG is intent in being the best global sporting body in the world.

It can't be done with one club. It has to be done with satellite bases in every continent. Success in most if not all of them will ensure CFG as an undisputed big name. It will be good revenue for City and all family clubs under the umbrella corporation. The way for them to reach this is to invest success into all the clubs. And City is undoubtedly most poignant as we have access to one of the most watched leagues in the world as well as competing in the Champions league.

but every other detail is in the heads of our board.

corky1970 said:
Again , all guess work and speculation

The truth is we don't get told owt and it's pissing a lot of fans off

City's PR. Is shite

The Chairman has literally just said this today in a video interview hosted on the site and announced with a major press release.

You think it's guess work and speculation because you don't pay attention so presume nobody else does.

corky1970 said:
Again , all guess work and speculation

The truth is we don't get told owt and it's pissing a lot of fans off

City's PR. Is shite
Do we really care what happens in Yokohama? I'm quite happy to see City do well but I'm under no illusions that this global expansion is for City's benefit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.