Has City explained the logic of buying other football clubs?

Re: Has City explained the logic of buying other football cl

Damocles said:
corky1970 said:
Again , all guess work and speculation

The truth is we don't get told owt and it's pissing a lot of fans off

City's PR. Is shite

The Chairman has literally just said this today in a video interview hosted on the site and announced with a major press release.

You think it's guess work and speculation because you don't pay attention so presume nobody else does.
The rationale has not been explained. We make announcements all the time, but I'd like to know why? There's obviously a strategy in place to set up partnerships around the world, and clearly it's to expand and enhance the City Group, but there are many ways of doing that and it's unheard of for another football club to start buying up other clubs. Normally companies start doing that when they can't get more out of their own organisation.

I'm no convinced we actually know what we are doing. There's plenty of initiatives which the super-wealthy make which don't work out

Marvin said:
Damocles said:
corky1970 said:
Again , all guess work and speculation

The truth is we don't get told owt and it's pissing a lot of fans off

City's PR. Is shite

The Chairman has literally just said this today in a video interview hosted on the site and announced with a major press release.

You think it's guess work and speculation because you don't pay attention so presume nobody else does.
The rationale has not been explained. We make announcements all the time, but I'd like to know why? There's obviously a strategy in place to set up partnerships around the world, and clearly it's to expand and enhance the City Group, but there are many ways of doing that and it's unheard of for another football club to start buying up other clubs. Normally companies start doing that when they can't get more out of their own organisation.

I'm no convinced we actually know what we are doing. There's plenty of initiatives which the super-wealthy make which don't work out
have you ever stepped back for a moment to think the men in charge don't actually want others to know what their long term plan is until it is in place?
why would you give the competition the heads up?

when it's all in place we shall see soon enough what the end game is, but for the moment just sit back and enjoy the ride

Dunno the logic behind it but I'm pretty sure that there will be a lot of thought going into it. I'm not overly arsed about them giving the game away either, why let everyone else know what your masterplan is? Personally I find it all pretty exciting and yes I do have a slight interest in NYCFC and Melbourne. It all seems a bit like independence day where the aliens position themselves over each major bit of the world then strike at onceand take the fucker out. Even if it isn't all part of a world domination masterplan (I expect it is) I still find it interesting. I can understand people wanting to know what the plan is but I'm just happy to concentrate on Manchester City and take a minor interest in the other clubs and what the sheikh might have in store for them, for now

Re rascals point - on a lesser scale we could probably see a friendly tournament here or there between the city teams in a not too distant future. Could be a laugh hitting the bars with Aussie, yank and Japanese City fans all singing blue moon, though maybe not for those who hate the day trippers!

Marvin said:
I'm no convinced we actually know what we are doing.

On a day like today with some of the shit spouted this without a doubt takes the fucking biscuit.

Honest to fucking god!

There´s very little about MCFC in expanding ownership to other clubs... It´s all about CFG of course.
As for why, well.. It might be to your advantage if you own a company that got say three Hotels in cities like Manchester, New York and Melbourne compared to just having one in Manchester.
The flip side is of course that it´s no longer about MCFC alone..

blueinsa said:
Marvin said:

On a day like today with some of the shit spouted this without a doubt takes the fucking biscuit.

Honest to fucking god!
OK brains, let's hear your explanation.

There are plenty of examples of Companies moving into America eg Tesco the Kings of Retail, with all kinds of grandiose plans, and then 3-4 years later they sell up.

No need to be in awe of people jus because they are incredibly rich. many inherit wealth or just got lucky.

Marvin said:
blueinsa said:
Marvin said:

Honest to fucking god!

There are plenty of examples of Companies moving into America eg Tesco the Kings of Retail, with all kinds of grandiose plans, and then 3-4 years later they sell up.

No need to be in awe of people jus because they are incredibly rich. many inherit wealth or just got lucky.

If you stop thinking about football and look how airlines operate it´s rather obvious I´d say..

The Fat el Hombre said:
Dunno the logic behind it but I'm pretty sure that there will be a lot of thought going into it. I'm not overly arsed about them giving the game away either, why let everyone else know what your masterplan is? Personally I find it all pretty exciting and yes I do have a slight interest in NYCFC and Melbourne. It all seems a bit like independence day where the aliens position themselves over each major bit of the world then strike at onceand take the fucker out. Even if it isn't all part of a world domination masterplan (I expect it is) I still find it interesting. I can understand people wanting to know what the plan is but I'm just happy to concentrate on Manchester City and take a minor interest in the other clubs and what the sheikh might have in store for them, for now

Re rascals point - on a lesser scale we could probably see a friendly tournament here or there between the city teams in a not too distant future. Could be a laugh hitting the bars with Aussie, yank and Japanese City fans all singing blue moon, though maybe not for those who hate the day trippers!
Maybe FEH that is the point.

We set our rates for our tournaments and who can argue?

Like you say it is pretty exciting.

Marvin said:
blueinsa said:
Marvin said:

Honest to fucking god!

Given the success both on and off the field in just 6 short years, don't you think we owe it to our owner to have some faith and believe, with justification that they do know what they are doing?

They have a proven track record in global business and they have hired Ferran and Txiki who have a proven track record in building football clubs.

I know what I will stick with.

Maybe some of the accountants might be able to answer this.

But with the acquisition of other football clubs, would their reports be consolidated into our own for the purposes of FFP? Potentially help with our own revenues, and not suffer the burden of having to meet FFP seeing as though they are not going to be playing in Europe?

Or would City's accounts have to be taken into consideration on a stand alone basis?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.