Has City explained the logic of buying other football clubs?

Re: Has City explained the logic of buying other football cl

Falastur said:
goalmole said:
Falastur said:
All matches are on TV? Seems a pretty stupid way of trying to hide something, by putting it right where millions of people around the world can watch it live.
Well, that's me told, but you can bet there'll be some kind of cross fucking going on between the various clubs in the group.

Oh of course there will. I just think it would be a stupid thing to try to stealthily sneak some advertising into somewhere it's not supposed to be, and then broadcast the proof of your guilt live to half of the world every game.
Just a bad example. The cross fucking one is better but i think you get the gist of what i'm trying to say.

awest said:
I like the thought of buying a club in stretford for a laugh.
The big red one? For a bit of asset stripping? How much would we get for Bobby Charlton on ebay?

It's pretty obvious when you think about it.

They're doing cos they know they'll be able to make a f**k load of money from it one day. Surely it's as simple as that? That's the only reason they're doing it...and they'll make it work.

They want to create many, many profitable organisations, as opposed to one, all under the 'CFG' umbrella. It's a very radical approach, and I have the utmost faith that they totally know what they're doing.

They want to make the City Football Group the number one worldwide recognised sporting brand. Honestly, after football i'd not be surprised if they invested in other sports if City became huge. This really is just the tip of the ice berg.

I find it laughable that some people actually said that they reckon they don't know what they're doing. Yeah - they're making it up as they go along... christ alive. Give em some credit. They're the people that have completely revolutionised our football club. They've made us the fastest growing football club commercially pretty much ever. Our profits have increased at a ridiculous rate and it's all because of their business expertise - they know what they're doing and it'll no doubt be part of a very complex and exciting long term goal.

Personally i'm quite looking forward to watching NYCFC develop too. I feel a small modicum of attachment to it already out of curiosity and cos its almost like a child of City's in a weird kinda way.

alfabianchi said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
It's a way to promote Abu Dhabi/the UAE as a global commercial hub. Football is the world's most watched sport.

Correct. It's not Manchester City buying clubs around the world. Manchester City are ONE of the clubs that ADUG have purchased. If Ferran is brought along to check the paper work then that's a smart use of an experienced employee.

There is no such thing as WE are buying clubs. Our owners are buying clubs. It's like the guy who bought the dippers, he also owns the redsox, and Uncle Malcolm owns Tampa bay and some shopping malls. But they have absolutely nothing to do with LFC or the Rags.

It's nothing to get concerned about.
Wikipedia has us as the 80% owners of NYCFC. Not ADUG, Manchester City.

The team's expansion rights were purchased by the Premier League club Manchester City and the New York Yankees baseball team for $100 million.

Again with Melbourne Heart, it puts the club as 80% owners. I know wikipedia has been known to be wrong occasionally.

alfabianchi said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
It's a way to promote Abu Dhabi/the UAE as a global commercial hub. Football is the world's most watched sport.

Correct. It's not Manchester City buying clubs around the world. Manchester City are ONE of the clubs that ADUG have purchased. If Ferran is brought along to check the paper work then that's a smart use of an experienced employee.

There is no such thing as WE are buying clubs. Our owners are buying clubs. It's like the guy who bought the dippers, he also owns the redsox, and Uncle Malcolm owns Tampa bay and some shopping malls. But they have absolutely nothing to do with LFC or the Rags.

It's nothing to get concerned about.

That's where we are different from them. the CFG not only use our City as its namesake, but also incorporated the same philosophy as how MCFC is run and attempts to incorporate other connections such as the colour sky blue and our former players into the manifold. We will also have a shared networking of sports science and training regiment, expertise and technologies, and at the paramount it is from the mother ship, Manchester City, where the investment is at its most advanced and highest. the clubs that we now have kinship connections with have every potential to be big clubs and that is when perhaps the CFG choose the most favourite child. But at the moment, the blueprint is sky blue.

MrE said:
BlueAnorak said:
It's actually about building the global fan base by providing local interest. It will work.
- England .... MCFC
- USA ...American Continent (I see that)
- Australia ... Continent
- Japan.... Population
- China (TBC) ... Population
- Portugal? .... WHY Portugal
- Malaysia? (Probably Kuala Lumpur)
- Brazil? .... South America / Population / interest in football
- Argentina?

You considered China and Japan because of population but considered Malaysia over Indonesia(4th most populous country in the world and loves football)?

AFFS said:
MrE said:
BlueAnorak said:
It's actually about building the global fan base by providing local interest. It will work.
- England .... MCFC
- USA ...American Continent (I see that)
- Australia ... Continent
- Japan.... Population
- China (TBC) ... Population
- Portugal? .... WHY Portugal
- Malaysia? (Probably Kuala Lumpur)
- Brazil? .... South America / Population / interest in football
- Argentina?

You considered China and Japan because of population but considered Malaysia over Indonesia(4th most populous country in the world and loves football)?

I believe Khaldoon mentioned offices in KL

I'm a City fan here in the States and I've never been huge into the MLS. Watch a few games here and there, but will now support NYCFC. I'm sure this could work the other way around just as easily.

We seem to be investing in clubs in developed countries rather than developing countries. Makes sense. You'll sell far more real shirts in Japan than you ever will in China. And the Chinese league has reportedly long since been ruined by match fixing and gambling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.