Has ebay lost its way?

BTH

I've been a member of ebay for over 20 years. There was a time when it was a genuine auction, it was a bit of fun and there were some real bargains to be had. Nowadays, there seem to be too many chancers selling the same items as amazon but the SP is much more, people selling home-made tat (photos downloaded from the internet, old programmes and football magazines) but this is taking the mick: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17575608...uid=SZjZxZOjT6G&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
I emailed him to ask if it was a joke but he got the hump and reported me to ebay. I'm waiting for a knock on the door from the ebay police as I type this!

I've been a member of ebay for over 20 years. There was a time when it was a genuine auction, it was a bit of fun and there were some real bargains to be had. Nowadays, there seem to be too many chancers selling the same items as amazon but the SP is much more, people selling home-made tat (photos downloaded from the internet, old programmes and football magazines) but this is taking the mick: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17575608...uid=SZjZxZOjT6G&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
I emailed him to ask if it was a joke but he got the hump and reported me to ebay. I'm waiting for a knock on the door from the ebay police as I type this!

I've just sold a load of stuff on there, really easy to do your listings on the app. But like you say barely anything seems like an auction it's all buy it now shops.

£300, for a sought after piece of consumer collectable memorabilia. Seems reasonable to me.

;-)

I've only been selling on there since Feb. I've had no major issues. It's a bit of a pain that, as a new seller, Ebay holds on to your funds for a month after the sale has been concluded, though. Making sure the buyer has no issue with the item they've purchased,apparently. Also, if you're selling via auction, the "buy it now" price has to be a minimum of 40% higher than the opening bid price. Also, that policy they brought in about scrapping fees for second hand clothing? That only applies to sellers based in the UK. I recently sold a City "Iconic" track jacket for a total of €120 (Inc P&P), and ended up losing €16:43 of that in "Transaction fees". Hmm.

Just messaged the seller to ask if he's taking the piss. I urge other BM eBay members to do the same.

Just messaged the seller to ask if he's taking the piss. I urge other BM eBay members to do the same.
If you look at that sellers other items, it’s an eclectic mix of nostalgia and celebrity memorabilia.
It does seem a lot for a framed 14 year old supermarket bag though… but I presume there is, no matter how odd, a buyers market for them… people collect the strangest things

If you look at that sellers other items, it’s an eclectic mix of nostalgia and celebrity memorabilia.
It does seem a lot for a framed 14 year old supermarket bag though… but I presume there is, no matter how odd, a buyers market for them… people collect the strangest things
Tbh it was just that the op mentioned the seller got a bit grumpy about it and reported it - I like it when randoms lose their shit on the internet

Tbh it was just that the op mentioned the seller got a bit grumpy about it and reported it - I like it when randoms lose their shit on the internet

Could be worse. Could be randoms losing their shit in shops. Saw some chavs go into a CEX and argue about the price of games consoles because it was more expensive than Argos. The daft fuckers behind the tills having to justify it with "yeah but we provide two year warranties" (rather than just adding daft mark-ups on pube filled, skunk smelly dusty used goods).

I won't sell with them. Taking the piss with their 10.9% sales commission. Plus they even charge that on your postage, so if I charge you 12 quid for postage and you pay me 12 quid they take 10.9% of that 12 quid. And then they hold onto your money for a month in case the buyer isn't happy ?? Fuck that.

I want to sell my as new Samsung S23 ultra but they would charge me $130 so no chance, I'll do Marketplace and Gumtree for free.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.