Has ebay lost its way?

It’s a pain in the arse but if you’re looking for something really obscure and niche it’s hard to beat.

I buy a lot of cycling and outdoors gear and it’s the best place to get hard to find stuff.

Selling is a nightmare though. I only sell the odd thing but it’s a minefield of scammers and time wasters and massive fees.

And it feels like their website still runs on Windows 95.

The mrs uses depop and Vinted a lot but that’s just designer fashion stuff, she’s always buying and selling clobber from trendy French brands I’ve never even heard of.

But then my fashion sense extends to whatever’s in John Lewis.
John Lewis? Very posh, get yourself down to Greenwoods.

I was looking today at buying an item . Slightly hidden in the text was a disclaimer that the seller ‘was a private seller ‘ and as such I would not have the usual consumer rights provided in law when you buy from a business . I noticed the seller had sold 1200 other items
No more eBay for me if they allow such blatant malpractice.

I have never had any trouble on ebay and have gotten my money back if things were not as it seemed.

I sell on facebook marketplace though because of the fees and scammers on ebay.

I mentioned a while back that a buy sell exchange thread on here would be a thing of wonder. You pay the Moon for listings, but no selling unless you have a years service under your belt .. or whatever criteria the forum suggests.

They are snide cnuts who side with the buyer every time, even when the buyer patently breaches policy. They don’t investigate properly and their appeal procedure is totally opaque. Everything appears to be done by bots and not a flying fcuk is given about about customer service.

I’'ve been on there 20 years or more, albeit less and less often, but will never ever sell there again. And on principle I hardly ever buy there nowadays.

I was looking today at buying an item . Slightly hidden in the text was a disclaimer that the seller ‘was a private seller ‘ and as such I would not have the usual consumer rights provided in law when you buy from a business . I noticed the seller had sold 1200 other items
No more eBay for me if they allow such blatant malpractice.
I am a private seller on ebay
I have sold over 1200 items, but then again I started with my 100,000 comic collection
its down to about 80,000 now
should have them all sold in about 8 years

They are cnuts who side with the seller every time. They don’t investigate properly and their appeal procedure is totally opaque. They don’t give a flying fcuk about customer service. I’ve been on there 20 years or more, albeit increasingly rarely, but will never sell there again.
my experience as a seller on ebay is the complete opposite
in my experience eBay sides with the buyer in almost every case

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.