Has ebay lost its way?

I mentioned a while back that a buy sell exchange thread on here would be a thing of wonder. You pay the Moon for listings, but no selling unless you have a years service under your belt .. or whatever criteria the forum suggests.

We are both to be trusted Bob :)

Agree, turned to total rat shit many years ago. Not sure if it'd still the case but at one point if you sold something valuable and 100% not a thing you can put on a courier, then you could set it as 'collection only'. Ok fair enough. If some arsehole from birmingham or somewhere wins the auction and insists that you courier it, they can force that issue. If you don't post it because it can't be couriered... they'll let you settle but they're keeping their 11%. Nearly cost me hundreds of quid. They're finished.

There's cheeky c*nts selling fake football shirts for £30-£40 which have been bought from DHGate for £13.

If I didn’t have eBay to sell the stuff I steal from old folks houses, I would be forced to get a job. Although to be fair, I mostly go for their hidden cash. Saves all the faff around packaging and posting. Jewelry is a good earner, although it isn’t easy getting rings off them while they sleep. Still, it’s a living.

I've been a member of ebay for over 20 years. There was a time when it was a genuine auction, it was a bit of fun and there were some real bargains to be had. Nowadays, there seem to be too many chancers selling the same items as amazon but the SP is much more, people selling home-made tat (photos downloaded from the internet, old programmes and football magazines) but this is taking the mick: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17575608...uid=SZjZxZOjT6G&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
I emailed him to ask if it was a joke but he got the hump and reported me to ebay. I'm waiting for a knock on the door from the ebay police as I type this!
My main gripe with E-Bay and like yourself I`ve been on it for 20 years, that as a Seller I cannot leave any negative feedback for a Buyer.
This also includes trying to leave negative feedback for non payers !!!

There's cheeky c*nts selling fake football shirts for £30-£40 which have been bought from DHGate for £13.

I buy and sell football shirts on there but only from my own personal collection. Never a major issue.

eBay isn’t what it was but what truly is?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.