Has it been a good/poor season?

Poor season. Our football has got so slow and we lose far too many games.

Can’t wait for the new season to start!

Its been a poor season. A poor summer set the tone for it. We let our captain walk out the door and decided that Stones would suddenly become this leader in the team.

Compounded straight away with Laporte being injured.

I think Pep has had a poor season too. Inconsistent team selections, bizarre substitutions etc.

It's a disappointing season, I think, there's no other way of spinning it. Pep especially will have to be disappointed with it (and with himself). Kev can hold his head up very, very high. Raz too, despite his absolutely crazy misses (he will have felt like shit today, believe it). If I were marking out of 10, I'd give it about 6. At the most. It's been nothing like as dire as, say, Pellegrini's last season. And there've been high points. Demolishing Watford effortlessly. Demolishing Liverpool, come to that, much more recently.
It's no good saying others would be over the moon to have achieved what we've achieved. We're not ‘others’. Not any more. And by the way, ‘others’ includes previous incarnations of City from the eighties and nineties.

I will say this, though. The most important single thing about this season has been the CAS decision. Let nobody forget that.

I'm astonished even at myself, but I'm no longer as adamant about wanting Pep to extend as I was only a couple of months ago. I really don't know any more. The man is a superb coach, the best in the modern game. But he seems to have started treated the team as his lab, with himself as the mad boffin in it.

We have under achieved , but some of our football has been exquisite this season and that is what really matters to me , going to a match (when we can) and mostly enjoying the football we play , we have defensive issues but that is down to the way we play , we attack and dominate and sometimes it bites us in the arse
If you gave me a choice of a season card at Klanfield the Swamp or the Etihad disregarding any allegiances , without a doubt we play the most entertaining football , but if i wanted to support a club that regards winning and bugger the consequences then you would probably watch a Klopp team.

I think it has been a reasonably good season. It obviously can't compare with the previous one but what could, other than a repeat. We have played some exquisite football, probably the best, in patches, anywhere and at any time in the PL this season, despite what The Dippers and pundits have to say. We have seen staggering performances from every player at some point across the season. The only disappointing thing is that the performances didn't come together as a team when the chips were down and the team needed one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.