Has it been a good/poor season?

We entered 5 competitions; won one of them which began with 92 teams; Won another with only 2 teams entered; finished 2nd in another from 20; top 4 team in the FA Cup out of around 800 teams; confirmed that we’re again a top 8 team in Europe; we gave UEFA, G14 & media a right good spanking at CAS.

So we won 2 out of the 5 competitions we entered & finished 2nd in another.

That’s a great season in my eyes.
Not sure how that could ever be considered poor?

Last edited:
Poor season for a squad of this capability.

We had some bad luck with injury which meant that defending the league title was probably impossible but I blame Pep for the CL exit. FA Cup midfield selection was questionable too.

We're watching a manager crack in front of us. At some point coaches like Wenger and Mourinho went from being amongst the best in football to rank bad managers. happened with Clough too, the greatest ever football manager but that was probably old age. I am probably over-thinking this too. I just know Pep had a simple job to do and got it completely wrong.

If we consider that a bad or even average season, I can be happy with where City are.

Trouble is I cannot see anything changing next Season without a big influx of talent and leadership. We’ll have a few 5-0’s against nobody’s then throw in a surprising draw against a newly promoted team before losing to one of the top 6 . Then it will be a re-run of this season.

Suppose we can't underestimate the toll the UEFA farce has taken but obviously that was their intention.
That does not excuse getting something so basically wrong as selecting a dysfunctional and negative midfield when our squad was demonstrably better. How does a coach do that? because we've been targeted this season we have to have people who are strong. When something fails in battle you get rid of it.

Poor because of our high standards.
Going 20 points backwards in the league showed our decline. The losses in the FA cup and CL are the consequence of that decline. Can't expect to win those when you are going backwards.

If we consider that a bad or even average season, I can be happy with where City are.
How does he face the players when he got something so badly wrong? I don't see how he recovers from this. Credibility is hard earned but lost in a moment.

How does he face the players when he got something so badly wrong? I don't see how he recovers from this. Credibility is hard earned but lost in a moment.
Same way they ffs ace him. As a team.

Poor because of our high standards.
Going 20 points backwards in the league showed our decline. The losses in the FA cup and CL are the consequence of that decline. Can't expect to win those when you are going backwards.
The playing potential of a fit squad is not much reduced but what's the point if the coach can make such off the wall crazy decisions?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.