Has it disappointed you that were not expanding the stadium,

Re: Time to expand the ground

When every League game sold out, sometimes 4 weeks before KO and when Derby seats were going for £1k it's obvious that we need to extend the stadium

Should have already been done or started. Who knows where we will be in 2-3 years time. Need to build the club up while we are on top and guarantee a bigger supporter base which will sustain the club in the future

We need a bigger ground, the league games sell out far too quick.
How on earth can teenagers get tickets and start going with their mates if tickets are scarce.
We also need a bigger ground and bring down tickets prices. I know loads of blue families who can't afford to go anymore.
The parade proved we have huge fanbase in Manchester.
Little kids to OAPS were there, thousands and thousands.

WE NEED A BIGGER STADIUM

Build it and they will come

If there is room to extend it then go for it, if not then the current one will have to do.

kippax_blueboy said:
We need a bigger ground, the league games sell out far too quick.
How on earth can teenagers get tickets and start going with their mates if tickets are scarce.
We also need a bigger ground and bring down tickets prices. I know loads of blue families who can't afford to go anymore.
The parade proved we have huge fanbase in Manchester.
Little kids to OAPS were there, thousands and thousands.

WE NEED A BIGGER STADIUM

Build it and they will come

If expansion is delayed, new supporters, particularly the young, will not get a look in apart from mid-week or Cup matches.

That could result in a generation of supporters lost to the club at least as far as attending matches.

The pressure to increase matchday income will push prices up and may even end cause the loss of seats to accommodate corporate facilities.

Kun Aguero said:
Rather than putting seats in spaces(like at the swamp.) why not build a new ground?

Where exactly do you propose we do that when we've got a big massive training facility purposely being built next to the stadium?

whp.blue said:
ell said:
No we filled it for all the league games but untill its full for cup games too there is no point in my opinion

this and

we can just put each season ticket up by £100

that would raise £3.4m on 34000 season tickets

Well, I was so overjoyed with Sunday's outcome, I went straight round to the box office and paid again for me season ticket. I would encourage all ST's to do the same!

We should build a new stadium on the land we have acquired for the training complex, 65,000 seats would suffice in my opinion.

When that is built, put the training complex on the current Etihad site! You could even part use the existing stadium for the EDS by removing the top two tiers and putting a new roof on.

Makes more sense to me than trying to extend the existing stadium.

There is something to be gained from having some excess demand for a year or so. Makes us a "hot ticket". That's the real appeal on the corporate side.

King Of All Geordies said:
We should build a new stadium on the land we have acquired for the training complex, 65,000 seats would suffice in my opinion.

When that is built, put the training complex on the current Etihad site! You could even part use the existing stadium for the EDS by removing the top two tiers and putting a new roof on.

Makes more sense to me than trying to extend the existing stadium.

I'm sure they considered all that when they took over, but realised it was not viable finacially and opted for going aheard with the training complex.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.