Has Tevez lost a step?

I think its clear he's lost a step but the larger looming question is what happens with him this summer.. Is he sold? Signing a new deal? Will he run out his current one so he can return on a free to Argentina? Would our mgmt allow him to do that? I'd imagine we'll have a clearer picture come sept 1st

BlueTG said:
SuperYaya said:
I don't think he's lost any pace, I don't think he was ever a very pacey player anyway.

I do think his play has changed a bit though. He chases the ball a bit less than he used to. When he first came he ran about like a maniac, now he's a bit more relaxed off the ball. Don't think this is a bad thing though, might have helped his positioning out a bit.
He is also playing in a much better team now, where he is not so much the stand out player who everyone looks to give the ball to and is our only source of quality. Obviously some games he can be, but we have the likes of Kun, Silva, Yaya etc as opposed to Ireland, SWP and Ade.

Was also going to add that haha.

I actually think if you look at him now he looks in much better shape than he used to.

hi-res-166822775_crop_650.jpg

I'd play him everyday of the week,he doesnt need to tear about like a headless chicken to be very effective,hope he signs for another couple of years before he goes back to argentina

DalbeyINUK said:
Just putting the eye test to Carlos this season, and it seems to me that he's lost a step. Or is in the process of losing it. He just doesn't seem to have the quickness we're used too from him. Has anyone else noticed this?

I ask because for a player like him once that quick step is gone it greatly hampers the rest of his game.

Thoughts, opinions?

And you can see this from Portland, Oregan?

He didn't seem like he had lost anything when he skinned two defenders to set up the goal at Spurs a couple of weeks ago!

remember arthur mann said:
Some red clowns on here tonight especially the op,or maybe you are just one of our resident rag journo's!

Uh huh. A genuine question about one of our players, definite rag. *shakes head*

blueste41 said:
DalbeyINUK said:
Just putting the eye test to Carlos this season, and it seems to me that he's lost a step. Or is in the process of losing it. He just doesn't seem to have the quickness we're used too from him. Has anyone else noticed this?

I ask because for a player like him once that quick step is gone it greatly hampers the rest of his game.

Thoughts, opinions?

And you can see this from Portland, Oregan?

He didn't seem like he had lost anything when he skinned two defenders to set up the goal at Spurs a couple of weeks ago!

You would be amazed with what you can see with a modern invention called tv. Please bother someone else with your xenophobia.

SuperYaya said:
BlueTG said:
SuperYaya said:
I don't think he's lost any pace, I don't think he was ever a very pacey player anyway.

I do think his play has changed a bit though. He chases the ball a bit less than he used to. When he first came he ran about like a maniac, now he's a bit more relaxed off the ball. Don't think this is a bad thing though, might have helped his positioning out a bit.
He is also playing in a much better team now, where he is not so much the stand out player who everyone looks to give the ball to and is our only source of quality. Obviously some games he can be, but we have the likes of Kun, Silva, Yaya etc as opposed to Ireland, SWP and Ade.

Was also going to add that haha.

I actually think if you look at him now he looks in much better shape than he used to.

hi-res-166822775_crop_650.jpg

That's a great point about the quality of the team now, hadn't thought of at.

I also agree, he seems to have been in fantastic shape this season.

Don't misunderstand the question everyone. It's not a criticism of Tevez or his contributions this year. Just a genuine question about one of our players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.