Has Tevez lost a step?

Just because a player isn't pacy to begin with doesn't mean that losing pace isn't a concern. Usually that player had other facets to their game to compensate for their lack of pace. However, by becoming even slower than before, they have to compensate even more. Usually this means a player has to redefine the way they play. While Tevez was never pacy, he has gotten slower than before and consequently isn't as good as before. I've always felt that he would decline early as his body and way of playing wasn't going to hold up much beyond 30. Makes me unsure if we should give him another contract.

Caveman said:
My window cleaner lost a step, he keeps falling on his arse when climbing off the ladders because he forgets it's gone missing.

You can always rely on someone to come out with a funny remark - nice one!

meeesh said:
Well let me put it this way to you my friend,lost step or not he has been our best player again this season,by a country mile....closely followed by Zab of course that is

Not as quick as the first week we signed him, but he's played a lot of golf since then. Yer right, meesh, the industry and work rate of Carlos hasn't left him and there is a large hole up front when he doesn't play! He's gotta be a starter on Saturday!

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Ooh look - another thread having a go at one of our best players.
Who needs rags having a go when we have our very own bell ends doing the job for them?
What next?
'Colin Bell - What A Fucking Waste Of Forty Grand That Was'?

And then there was that big fuckin' German we had in nets! Jeez, we've watched some shite in our time!

Don't think we can afford to lose him now with Balotelli gone and Dzeko going.

Would be too much of a risk to go into a new season with only 1 striker having already settled in.

His style of play has changed dramatically from when he first signed. Back then he was an out and out striker, running in behind defenders, giving them no time or space in possession and was as strong as an ox. Now he seems to have lost that explosiveness if that's even a word, a bit like Rooney at The Swamp and to me he's just not the same player. He drops way too deep and without that burst of sheer pace and power anymore he's lost his unpredictability, defenders know they can get tight to him because he's not going to go steamrollering past them like he did 18 months/2 years ago.

Because of Tevez change in style of play it restricts Aguero too because he's having to play a lone striker role in essence which just doesn't suit him. Aguero is at his best when he's free to find little pockets of space, running at defenders and putting them on the back foot. - not playing 90% of the game with his back to goal trying to lead the line. That's why we need someone like Cavani, to free up Aguero.

I still think Tevez can do a job for us next season but as someone off the bench, an option we can bring on to keep possession and kill a game off or just to change the shape of the side if Aguero/Cavani etc. isn't working especially if we get a pacey winger or two as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.