Has Tevez lost a step?

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
VinniesLad said:
I'm guessing the clown who started this thread didn't go last night, given his location.
Another brain donor thousands of miles away who probably watches the odd game on a free snide feed.
Is it just me, or do we seem to be attracting more of these newbie prats from far-flung places with the football knowledge of a house plant nowadays?

That is one hell of an ignorant comment. So , in your opinion people can't comment on the team they support unless they were at the match ? My Dad was a blue of 70 years and in his later years due to ill health he watched every single game live on a stream and had the same passion as he always did. I'm a season ticket holder and I don't judge anyone who supports City and isn't fortunate enough to get to as many games as others can. The more supporters we have the better we will be for FFP.

As for the OP comment , I think it was quite good. Maybe he has lost a little of his explosiveness but last night he was top class and showed he still has much to offer for the next few seasons.

I didn't say folk can't comment unless they attended the game.
Clearly they can.
I was highlighting the fact that most of these pointless negative threads having a go at a player who has had a good season seem to be started by those who don't actually go and live a long way away.
Match going blues in general don't start daft threads knocking our own players.
But then you thought that the OP made a good comment, which speaks volumes really.

Speaks volumes , why ? Are you deliberately being a dick or can you not help it ?

I didn't say I agreed with his comment , I merely said it was a valid question and until last nights performance it was more valid that it is today. Judging by the number of people who have said Tevez isn't quite as talismanic for us these days I'd say it was a thred worth posting. I'm pro Tevez but I can understand if someone thinks he may have lost 5% of his game. It's all about opinions , something you seem difficult to accept if it doens't fit in with yours !

ANY1aBLUE said:
meeesh said:
Well let me put it this way to you my friend,lost step or not he has been our best player again this season,by a country mile....closely followed by Zab of course that is

rubbish

1 = zabaleta
2 = nasty
3 = Milner
4 = kompany
5 = clichy
6 = tevez

COUNTRY MILE ???? Get a grip - or new glasses..............
Close to my ratings for the season, i ihave the same top three in that order but have Clichy fourth.

Caveman said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
meeesh said:
Well let me put it this way to you my friend,lost step or not he has been our best player again this season,by a country mile....closely followed by Zab of course that is

rubbish

1 = zabaleta
2 = nasty
3 = Milner
4 = kompany
5 = clichy
6 = tevez

COUNTRY MILE ???? Get a grip - or new glasses..............
Close to my ratings for the season, i ihave the same top three in that order but have Clichy fourth.

I'm not sure I'd have Kompany in there. He's missed quite a few games and wasn't his imperious self in the early part of the season.

VinniesLad said:
VinniesLad said:
That is one hell of an ignorant comment. So , in your opinion people can't comment on the team they support unless they were at the match ? My Dad was a blue of 70 years and in his later years due to ill health he watched every single game live on a stream and had the same passion as he always did. I'm a season ticket holder and I don't judge anyone who supports City and isn't fortunate enough to get to as many games as others can. The more supporters we have the better we will be for FFP.

As for the OP comment , I think it was quite good. Maybe he has lost a little of his explosiveness but last night he was top class and showed he still has much to offer for the next few seasons.

Clearly they can.
I was highlighting the fact that most of these pointless negative threads having a go at a player who has had a good season seem to be started by those who don't actually go and live a long way away.
But then you thought that the OP made a good comment, which speaks volumes really.

Speaks volumes , why ? Are you deliberately being a dick or can you not help it ?

I didn't say I agreed with his comment , I merely said it was a valid question and until last nights performance it was more valid that it is today. Judging by the number of people who have said Tevez isn't quite as talismanic for us these days I'd say it was a thred worth posting. I'm pro Tevez but I can understand if someone thinks he may have lost 5% of his game. It's all about opinions , something you seem difficult to accept if it doens't fit in with yours !

I'll ignore the 'dick' jibe, as you are new to the forum and have yet to experience the joy of being banned.
Negative threads about players serve no useful purpose on a City website, even if they are warranted.
This one isn't even justified - Tevez is fitter than I can remember, has not lost any pace, and has put a shift in every game.
As to opinions, I posted mine.
You are the one objecting to it and trolling, not me.
So I suggest you chill out, and stop getting irate because someone doesn't happen to agree with you.

VinniesLad said:
Clearly they can.

I'll ignore the 'dick' jibe, as you are new to the forum and have yet to experience the joy of being banned.
Negative threads about players serve no useful purpose on a City website, even if they are warranted.
This one isn't even justified - Tevez is fitter than I can remember, has not lost any pace, and has put a shift in every game.
As to opinions, I posted mine.
You are the one objecting to it and trolling, not me.
So I suggest you chill out, and stop getting irate because someone doesn't happen to agree with you.

I'm not new to the forum , I've been reading it for many years but have avoided joining up until recently purely to avoid childish spats like this ! I merely agreed with the original poster and you felt the need to make snide comments which I pulled you up on. If you now want to hide behind the dick comment then feel free to do so but I'm not on here to argue but to debate.

I don't believe it to be a negative thread , Tevez has scored 12 goals this season in a title chasing team , and judging by his efforts in previous seasons he hasn't been as effective in previous seasons when he used to get 20+.
I can understand both points and as I previously stated I think Tevez is a super player who will be an asset for many years yet.

Anyway , I think there is far more fun to be had on the Baconface retiring threads ! ;-)

Colins Bellend said:
Do any of you guys think J-ROD has gained a step

He was certainly on a mission last night. He was flying into a lot of challenges , I'm not sure whether to prove something to himself or Bobby (in terms of his fitness) but he looked very sharp last night. Maybe trying to play himself into Cup Final contention ? He sures adds some pace over 5 yards that is lacking with Barry , Milner and Garcia. I think a lack of pace in centre midfield was our chief undoing in the Champions League this season and on that basis I think Rodwell will be a hugely important player for us.

VinniesLad said:
Colins Bellend said:
Do any of you guys think J-ROD has gained a step

He was certainly on a mission last night. He was flying into a lot of challenges , I'm not sure whether to prove something to himself or Bobby (in terms of his fitness) but he looked very sharp last night. Maybe trying to play himself into Cup Final contention ? He sures adds some pace over 5 yards that is lacking with Barry , Milner and Garcia. I think a lack of pace in centre midfield was our chief undoing in the Champions League this season and on that basis I think Rodwell will be a hugely important player for us.
OH

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.