Has Tevez lost a step?

DalbeyINUK said:
Just putting the eye test to Carlos this season, and it seems to me that he's lost a step. Or is in the process of losing it. He just doesn't seem to have the quickness we're used too from him. Has anyone else noticed this?

I ask because for a player like him once that quick step is gone it greatly hampers the rest of his game.

Thoughts, opinions?

He has NEVER been a fast player. On top of that, he has been playing quite deep for the majority of the season.

If anything, he has looked quicker this season..

SamTheGuru said:
DalbeyINUK said:
Just putting the eye test to Carlos this season, and it seems to me that he's lost a step. Or is in the process of losing it. He just doesn't seem to have the quickness we're used too from him. Has anyone else noticed this?

I ask because for a player like him once that quick step is gone it greatly hampers the rest of his game.

Thoughts, opinions?

He has NEVER been a fast player. On top of that, he has been playing quite deep for the majority of the season.

If anything, he has looked quicker this season..

only player with vision last night, speed of thought top notch

Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't.

He has been a dick at times, but no one can ever doubt his "want to win" attitude.

Even playing with (most of) the 2nd XI last night, he was just none stop.

He reminds me of Paul Dickov, but with more quality and goals.

meeesh said:
Well let me put it this way to you my friend,lost step or not he has been our best player again this season,by a country mile....closely followed by Zab of course that is

rubbish

1 = zabaleta
2 = nasty
3 = Milner
4 = kompany
5 = clichy
6 = tevez

COUNTRY MILE ???? Get a grip - or new glasses..............

I'm guessing the clown who started this thread didn't go last night, given his location.
Another brain donor thousands of miles away who probably watches the odd game on a free snide feed.
Is it just me, or do we seem to be attracting more of these newbie prats from far-flung places with the football knowledge of a house plant nowadays?

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
I'm guessing the clown who started this thread didn't go last night, given his location.
Another brain donor thousands of miles away who probably watches the odd game on a free snide feed.
Is it just me, or do we seem to be attracting more of these newbie prats from far-flung places with the football knowledge of a house plant nowadays?

That is one hell of an ignorant comment. So , in your opinion people can't comment on the team they support unless they were at the match ? My Dad was a blue of 70 years and in his later years due to ill health he watched every single game live on a stream and had the same passion as he always did. I'm a season ticket holder and I don't judge anyone who supports City and isn't fortunate enough to get to as many games as others can. The more supporters we have the better we will be for FFP.

As for the OP comment , I think it was quite good. Maybe he has lost a little of his explosiveness but last night he was top class and showed he still has much to offer for the next few seasons.

Lost a step? Lost that little gut he once had, he looks pretty fit to me. Always running, always doing his best. Even seems to have better will to set up others to score too. A keeper for sure.

VinniesLad said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:

That is one hell of an ignorant comment. So , in your opinion people can't comment on the team they support unless they were at the match ? My Dad was a blue of 70 years and in his later years due to ill health he watched every single game live on a stream and had the same passion as he always did. I'm a season ticket holder and I don't judge anyone who supports City and isn't fortunate enough to get to as many games as others can. The more supporters we have the better we will be for FFP.

As for the OP comment , I think it was quite good. Maybe he has lost a little of his explosiveness but last night he was top class and showed he still has much to offer for the next few seasons.

I didn't say folk can't comment unless they attended the game.
Clearly they can.
I was highlighting the fact that most of these pointless negative threads having a go at a player who has had a good season seem to be started by those who don't actually go and live a long way away.
Match going blues in general don't start daft threads knocking our own players.
But then you thought that the OP made a good comment, which speaks volumes really.

I have incredibly impressed with Tevez this season. After last season's fiasco he looked gone as a City player and even though he came back quite strongly at first after his absence (Norwich for example) he did tail off again right at the end of the season. I for one thought he would be gone in the summer. But this season he has been a revelation; his attitude, physique and general game have been brilliant. And more than that his game seems to have really matured - previously he would shoot ALL the time, even when he could have passed to someone for a tap in, but since his return in about Feb last year he seems to have realised it is actually a team game. Of course this means that his overall personal goal tally has probably dropped but generally not to the detriment of the team.

Well done Charles and I would be very happy if you stay for another season if keep your enthusiasm levels up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.