Has Thatcher died?

she took the power off the unions, they made massive profits whilst holding work-forces to ransom

the workers lost there rights, but that's ok, she was a ballsy woman

the advent of agency's and the lack of permanent jobs with prospects are down to her, and no-one yet has had the balls to challenge what she did to the common working man of this country

the bottom line is, thatcher did more for the south than the north - so anyone complaining about negative remarks on this thread are a little clueless.

aphex said:
she took the power off the unions, they made massive profits whilst holding work-forces to ransom

the advent of agency's and the lack of permanent jobs with prospects are down to her, and no-one yet has had the balls to challenge what she did to the common working man of this country

the bottom line is, thatcher did more for the south than the north - so anyone complaining about negative remarks on this thread are a little clueless.

I wasn't around at the time but i've looked into what she did in terms of what was good and what was bad (taking power off the unions is no bad thing imo anyway!) and the positives far outweigh the negatives, the country was in a mess at the time and she sorted it out! Similar to now really isn't it, labour fuck things up by bribing people, giving handouts to anyone who wants them so they stay in power as long as possible then the conservatives have to come in and make tough cuts/decisions to save the country!

Bojinov The Bull said:
aphex said:

I wasn't around at the time but i've looked into what she did in terms of what was good and what was bad (taking power off the unions is no bad thing imo anyway!) and the positives far outweigh the negatives, the country was in a mess at the time and she sorted it out! Similar to now really isn't it, labour fuck things up by bribing people, giving handouts to anyone who wants them so they stay in power as long as possible then the conservatives have to come in and make tough cuts/decisions to save the country!

Those squeeky clean Tories eh.

Bojinov The Bull said:
aphex said:

if you were around in the north in the 70's then you will remember how bad it was. everything looked great on paper - you were encouraged to start your own business's, to embrace capitalism

but whilst that is all well and good, and fair play to people who managed it around here, the fact remains that she stopped a lot of industry in the north without any plan of action for what would happen next. we weren't the affluent south, we had no business structure like the capital had

we were essentially left high and dry. and as a consequence, have never really recovered from it

so if you ask most people about thatcher growing up in the 70's, their opinion of her will not be high

as for handouts to attract votes, that is simply the stupidest thing i have ever heard.

Markt85 said:
Will there ever be a politician that is universally liked ?

barack obama ... so obvious after all the praise and admiration for him to get to power its now cool to hate him and how he's ruining the world.

wish people would just hold judgement to the day of the polls. so boring hearing people slagging off anyone who's in power.

Mate, it matters not one jot as they are all the same.

Bojinov The Bull said:
aphex said:

Did you see the cops she sent to mines, beating up the lads who were trying to protect their jobs and futures? The lads she called 'the enemy within'. Oh yeah she sorted it out alright, well done maggie.

And before you start banging on about taking power from the Unions, just think about why a Union exists in the first place.

aphex said:
as for handouts to attract votes, that is simply the stupidest thing i have ever heard.

I can't really argue with you about Thatcher because you were around and I wasn't as I said but with regards to labours tactics on getting votes, its 100% true! The reason why we are in such a bad situation is labour simply poured millions and millions into the benefits system so that the less well off automatically wanted labour to stay in power otherwise they'd lose their money securing a massive amount of votes for them!

In places like Rochdale and Bury the aim of most people is to get pregnant early, get a council house and then live of either incapacity benfits or the jobseekers, single parent, child tax credits stuff!

Bojinov The Bull said:
aphex said:

I can't really argue with you about Thatcher because you were around and I wasn't as I said but with regards to labours tactics on getting votes, its 100% true! The reason why we are in such a bad situation is labour simply poured millions and millions into the benefits system so that the less well off automatically wanted labour to stay in power otherwise they'd lose their money securing a massive amount of votes for them!

In places like Rochdale and Bury the aim of most people is to get pregnant early, get a council house and then live of either incapacity benfits or the jobseekers, single parent, child tax credits stuff!

But you praise a woman who beat (physically, mentally, and financially) men who were fighting to protect their jobs?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.