Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

No offence but if youe still measuring a news outlets reach by the number of physical papers it sells then no one you don't understand it.

The Mail gets 5 million direct visitors to its website per day.

A viral tweet, or clip on Twitter, Facebook can get 10s of millions of impressions.

Rupert Murdoch's reach isn't just people glued to fox news' tv coverage or buying the Mail in person. The BBC is not just people watching the 10 oclock news.

Media companies have never had greater reach.
Personally I haven't a clue what the Mail does or doesn't do unless someone on here who hates their output actually reads it and then posts it on here. It's a funny old world.

That's bollocks.

"JOURNALISM 101....

If someone says it's raining and another person says it is dry, it is NOT your job to quote them both. It's your job to look out of the window and see which is the truth!!!"

I think they call that political interviews. There is responsibility on the great British public to use their noggin I'm afraid.

There is no such thing as impartial news any more than there is impartial history.

We are humans, and every last one of us has biases, some of which are quite unconscious. They arise from such things as our upbringing, our life experience, our nationality and the books we have read (if any). That's quite apart from the nutters who believe every conspiracy theory they read is 100% fact.

I honestly think the best thing would be to have a large sub-title under each speaker (including the interviewer or chairperson) saying 'Tory', 'Labour', 'Spume flecked Brexit crazy', 'Commie', or whatever.

I am good at picking up political bias as it was part of my training at college/uni and because my mind works that way. Most people don't have that. They tend to think anyone they disagree with is 'biased' or a 'leftie'. It's spurious bollocks.

(By the way, a common failing is to believe the world splits into ordinary, common-sense people like what I am who aren't political and lefties. This is spurious bollocks too.)

I think both Bruce and Kuenssburg are appalling but equally there are also people like Clive Myrie, Kirsty Wark or Victoria Derbyshire who do put the slime balls on the spot.

Generally if it's pissing off both left and right it's probably doing ok. What does colour my judgement on the Beeb is the online sports and it's utter partialism and unacceptable behaviour and you wonder if the news side has better standards.

The daily mail, guardian, scum etc sell tiny amounts of physical copies but their real influence is online and as we know, the sports reporting is akin to the bbc.

One thing that's always got me about the scum "newspaper" is that it's the identikit white van man's opinion forming rag. And yet, for a very long time the political and main editorial team have been extremely well heeled, plummy voiced wankers.

They're probably laughing their tits off as they write their tripe to dumb down to the oiks. At least the mail doesn't pretend to be for anyone other than a set of venal racist wankers. From Tunbridge fucking Wells.

well they started today by publishing false stories discrediting the Rail strikes which they have now pulled because they got found out - read the thread here - I wonder where the pressure was to tell those lies came from

Don't think they needed pressuring to be honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.