Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

Ignore the dink he’s spouting out of his racist arse mate.

eg. The BBC doesn’t require staff to have no bias, it just requires staff to have no bias that could affect their output. Such as a political correspondent that was a political activist or a football pundit who was blatantly an out and out supporter of a certain team.
A political correspondent privately supporting a football tea is no conflict of interest and a football pundit pointing out the fact that this governments rhetoric is a carbon copy of the rhetoric of the 1930’s German government, when is actually is, is no conflict of interest in his given tv role either.

His refugee numbers are straight out of the Nigel Farage book of porkies to tell to wind up working class racists into a slavering frenzy.

I bet he slavers ;-)

Straight to racism. Ive lived in a white majority country for 3 years out of the last 14. The vast majority of my friends are not the same race as me, nor is my wife. Being frank i couldnt really care if the UK lets "these asylum seekers" into the UK or not. When I return ill be living in an ivory tower and it wont impact me in the slightest. Personally I find it all funny for the most part. I particularly like the guys ive met in the middle east who moved to the US/ Canada etc as asylum seekers, then as soon as they get citizenship jump on a plane to the UAE etc and get an expat job and then regularly visit the country they had to leave because their life was in danger, but never seem to visit the country that granted them asylum.... seems they just wanted a better passport but hey ho.

So he simply meant an out of date version of German then? Come on, it is clear he was talking about the Nazi regime and all that entails.

That's your opinion which you are entitled to, but not sure how you can claim to know what Gary Linaker was "talking about" when he wrote the tweet in the first place.

People are always far too keen to attribute this stuff to some nefarious grand plan.

It’s not, they’re just serially incompetent and it’s always coming home to roost so they go lurching from one crisis to the next.

the country spent 3 weeks with Hancock’s WhatsApp’s dominating the news, the Braverman bill was the major topic for days and this has just brought more focus onto it, the Richard Sharp loan was bubbling away for 3 weeks before Lineker’s suspension brought the BBCs impartiality to the fore.

Cost of living will be back when the budget comes out on Wednesday.

To quote knives out - “it’s so dumb it’s brilliant!” “No it’s just dumb”

Appreciate your responses Chris, but from everything you're saying throughout a number of posts, it seems we're only allowed to compare anything to Nazi Germany when the exact same thing happens. Who determines what similarities we are allowed to mention?

Meanwhile Britain moves gradually further away from having a caring and welcoming society.
At one extreme there is holocaust denial. The trivialisation of the holocaust by pretending it didn’t exist. We’d all see that as grossly offensive.

At the other extreme of the same offence are comments like Lineker’s. He implies the Nazi regime was the same as something in contemporary society that isn’t immensely evil. This is in effect a very mild form of holocaust denial. It implies the holocaust is trivial in the same way it implies the relatively trivial contemporary thing is immensely evil.

I’m not saying this kind of comparison can never be done, but it should be used far more sparingly than it is. Is Lineker’s use of it proportionate to the real world issue? Not in my view and so it is an offensive comparison to make. Others might come to a different conclusion.

In my view he’d have been better to say something like the rhetoric used by the Home Secretary was reminiscent of that used by Thatcher during the miners strikes or something. He didn’t need to trivialise a great human tragedy to make his point.

At one extreme there is holocaust denial. The trivialisation of the holocaust by pretending it didn’t exist. We’d all see that as grossly offensive.

At the other extreme of the same offence are comments like Lineker’s. He implies the Nazi regime was the same as something in contemporary society that isn’t immensely evil. This is in effect a very mild form of holocaust denial. It implies the holocaust is trivial in the same way it implies the relatively trivial contemporary thing is immensely evil.

I’m not saying this kind of comparison can never be done, but it should be used far more sparingly than it is. Is Lineker’s use of it proportionate to the real world issue? Not in my view and so it is an offensive comparison to make. Others might come to a different conclusion.

In my view he’d have been better to say something like the rhetoric used by the Home Secretary was reminiscent of that used by Thatcher during the miners strikes or something. He didn’t need to trivialise a great human tragedy to make his point.

So you think that Joan Salter was denying the holocaust that she survived and killed her own parents when she confronted Braverman about her language echoing 30s Germany last month?

That’s your grand theory? Accusing a holocaust survivor of holocaust denial?

He could have said it was like the rhetoric used by the British press and Government in the 30s when boats full of refugees were turned back to Germany…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.