Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

Uk immigrants Y/E June 2022. Office for National Statistics https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...tionalmigrationprovisional/yearendingjune2022

France Immigrants 2022 Le Monde - French Newspaper of record. (I note not exactly like for like as the UK measures to year end June whereas France does calendar years).

Pew Research illegal immigrants Europe.

Everyone is sucking in more labour. There is a labour shortage. Also, in Europe these will be non-EU figures as EU movement is not classed as immigration.

Germany remains top of the list and interesting to see Canada so high in relative terms.

In short, all developed countries require more labour. Given we no longer have ready access to the European labour pool and are getting removed from European supply chains, all of which helped with labour shortfalls, we will, and are, trying to attract more migrants. We have removed the quotas from high skilled migrants for example.

Honestly, we should just set up processing centres in Calais and fly successful asylum applicants over. We need the labour, it would be cheaper in the long run and it would save lives. It’s a win win all round.

Uk immigrants Y/E June 2022. Office for National Statistics https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...tionalmigrationprovisional/yearendingjune2022

France Immigrants 2022 Le Monde - French Newspaper of record. (I note not exactly like for like as the UK measures to year end June whereas France does calendar years).

Pew Research illegal immigrants Europe.

Ill leave you to look up the 2007 Borders Act and its requirement on the Home Secretary to deport people....

Yep loads of false equivalency in there then. The UK figures include EU, Frances won’t. UK figure include students, Frances are not. UK figures even including UK resident’s returning home.

France immigration levels are very similar to ours

They wouldn’t be my choice of words but she needs to be able to speak freely. We talk about home invasions when those an undertaken by two or three people so that doesn’t imply a great number of people. Influx would be an equivalent word. I don’t see it as dehumanising.

Swarm is probably less useful a strict description of events but again I don’t consider it a particularly loaded word. It does invoke the sense of a large number that overwhelms attempts to repel them. Isn’t that a fair description of what is happening - that a significant number are arriving and we can’t deal with them effectively? The backlog of asylum applications is evidence of that. I don’t think that reflects on the individual migrants, it is more a comment about the state of the system.

Getting back to the issue in hand, I don’t think the Nazis used these words (or their direct equivalents in German) to describe a situation where people were attempting to enter Germany from the outside so that undermines Lineker’s point. The situations simply are not equivalent. The Nazis are not considered one of the most evil regimes in history because they had a robust approach to asylum seekers. It is a false, and therefore offensive, equivalence.
Will you tell Eva Clarke and Dr Kaposi etc al they are wrong for making false and offensive equivalence?

These holocaust survivors!!!!!

"As Home Secretary you should show leadership and welcome people seeking safety instead of scapegoating "

This interview by BBC News of Tim Davie:

tells me all I need to know about this situation. Davie and the other Tory backers at the BBC need to go, Lineker should then be allowed to decide if he wants to continue or not then the Conservative Party need to be held accountable for their efforts to undermine and influence the public sector broadcaster. Any Tory that subsequently comes electioneering to my front door will get a grilling on this issue, hopefully the voting public will see sense and kick them out of government.

It is crazy that Lineker receives £1.5m for a one-day-a-week job. I know there's a bit more to it than saying "What did you make of it, Alan ?" ... but not an awful lot more, if we're honest.

The fact that HMRC claim he owes them £5m in tax shows how much he makes.

It could be someone else other than Lineker. It is one of the most watched shows on the BBC.

The person hosting it for a long time would command the same salary as hosts from other well watched Sports programmes around the world (Sky, NBC, ESPN etc).

It is of course too much but that's the market rate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.