Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

Blair and Brown with their illegal war was the root cause. Everything we've had to deal with since was caused by them!! Ultimately Displacing 10’s of millions across a huge region all stemmed from that decision! They should both be in jail….
With Alistair Campbell as a cell mate

I think in this case he's been stupid with his wording, he could have said he disagrees with the policy without playing to the audience by adding the whole Nazi analogy.

I really hate that people are pretending that he compared the Conservatives to the Nazis, because that's not what he said and you all know it.

He said that the language used by the Conservatives to justify their new policy is similar to the language the Nazis used to justify their actions, which is, linguistically speaking, accurate. Factual.

It really makes me laugh, the Tory MPs who say they much prefer to watch Match of the Day with no punditry and no theme tune. These people are too fucking stupid to realise that Sky Sports have been offering exactly that on YouTube for years and years. And you can watch it in your own time instead of waiting for 10:30 on a Saturday night.

I don't care for the punditry so I just watch the highlights of PL games when they come out. In total across a whole weekend it takes me maybe 3 mins to watch every single goal.

I really hate that people are pretending that he compared the Conservatives to the Nazis, because that's not what he said and you all know it.

He said that the language used by the Conservatives to justify their new policy is similar to the language the Nazis used to justify their actions, which is, linguistically speaking, accurate. Factual.

Sadly starting to think Bluemoon is heading towards Twitter territory and being infiltrated by trolls and bots - some of the repeated shite being peddled by more and more posters is getting tiresome

Maybe I’m just being paranoid

Ha ha! I expected a bit better from Portillo to be honest. This tweet in the replies sums up how I feel about him:

I loved watching him on This Week. Andrew Neill, Portillo, Ed Balls, Alan Johnson. Proper political debate, both sides giving and taking. And fantastic piss taking of John Bercow, aka “Big John”.

Thats why I used the word analogy which means partial similarity. He didn't call them Nazis but he did infer that their behaviour around this issue was similar.

Anyway its all old news now, Im sure he will be back next Saturday to offer his footballing pearls of wisdom.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.