Has the Full Back Problem returned?

I'm afraid Fernandinho is slowing down a bit. Big mistake not getting a a partner in the summer to share his duties.

Has the full back problem returned again despite our purchases?

In Pep's first season it was the biggest problem but mainly due to the age and lack of legs. Seems to me it's returned again this season just in a slightly different form.

Walker - Don't know what's wrong with him, if I was giving him the benefit of the doubt it looks like he's played far too many games over the last 18 months, didn't have a big enough break after the World Cup. If I was being critical I'd say he's got comfortable with his league title.

Mendy - His injuries are killing us, forcing us to play players out of position, Delph has done a solid job filling in but we're still in a position where we need to buy a left back.

Danilo - Should be starting at right back at the moment, looks lost at left back.

I think it's hugely important that we bring in a left back soon or we could be saying the same thing next season.

So what's the solution this season?

I think it's hopefully get Delph/Mendy back, play Danilo right back and give Walker 2 weeks off.

I think you have hit the nail on the head there, Kyle seems comfortable with that first title and struts about!

Would you take Tierney over Chilwell? Think they're both very good left backs. We'd get Tierney for far less than Chilwell too I'd say.
Have only seen a couple Old Firm derbies, some CL matches and some highlights on him, so I haven`t watched him THAT much, but he looks incredible IMO. Good going forward and can also defend well. Don`t rate Chilwell that highly, would rather have Tierney. I think it would be very difficult to get Tierney though, as he is a huge fan of Celtic and a local lad

I really like Zinchenko, if he could learn the defending aspect of his game he could be an excellent full back.

I really like Zinchenko, if he could learn the defending aspect of his game he could be an excellent full back.
I like him as well, but not as a defender. Doesn`t have the pace, strength, aerial ability or defending abilities to be a world class fullback. Could be a great midfielder, but it doesn`t seem that Pep shares that opinion since he never plays him in midfield. I think he will be sold in the summer

I like him as well, but not as a defender. Doesn`t have the pace, strength, aerial ability or defending abilities to be a world class fullback. Could be a great midfielder, but it doesn`t seem that Pep shares that opinion since he never plays him in midfield. I think he will be sold in the summer

Agreed, though that should have happened last season not this summer coming. If a player is not putting direct pressure on the incumbent, then that player becomes complacent and the one not playing superfluous. I'm all for keeping the locker room a happy place, but we've been too accommodating to the point where we now have players who are in and around the squad yet have little hope of playing.

Two years ago we had a chronic full back problem and 2 years and £130m later we have a chronic full back problem. The back up of Delph cannot stay fit either. So frustrating.

Eg I think Walker was playing everyone on side last night, just so lazy and brainless

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.