Has the Full Back Problem returned?

We do not have an issue at full back. Our first choice left back is and has been injured for the majority of the season and our first choice right back is out of form (that's all). He's not become rubbish all of a sudden.

Our 2nd choice right back, who has been playing at left back - and had been in great form, didn't have a great game last night. Nobody did though.

David Silva is still fantastic.

Fernandinho's legs have not gone.

Let's not overreact to a defeat.

Hope for a reaction at the weekend. Long way to go.
Well Mendy has been injured for best part of two seasons now and that has to be a concern as Delph who stood in excellently last season is either injured himself or out of form. Walker is not of the quality necessary as first choice full back regardless of his form. There is constantly a rick in the lad and he does not have the required footballing brain to operate comfortably on the biggest stage. His speed and strength get him out of trouble or into dangerous places but I view him as cover rather than nailed on starter. Likewise Denillio is back up material. To conclude we have major issues still with these positions despite paying a truck load of cash to address them

Walker is a fantastic player but his performance levels have dropped significantly over the last 10 games or so, no idea what’s wrong with him but it needs fixing, on form he’s a fantastic asset to our team, at the moment he’s more of a liability
The great thing about football is that people can have such contrasting views. Not sure I have ever seen this fantastic player called Walker. He is athletic and useful but imo limited. I accept that he does need a rest and that would improve his form.

Well Mendy has been injured for best part of two seasons now and that has to be a concern as Delph who stood in excellently last season is either injured himself or out of form. Walker is not of the quality necessary as first choice full back regardless of his form. There is constantly a rick in the lad and he does not have the required footballing brain to operate comfortably on the biggest stage. His speed and strength get him out of trouble or into dangerous places but I view him as cover rather than nailed on starter. Likewise Denillio is back up material. To conclude we have major issues still with these positions despite paying a truck load of cash to address them
Walker is in my opinion, the best right back in the world and perfect for the way we play. He is out of form but form is temporary.

The great thing about football is that people can have such contrasting views. Not sure I have ever seen this fantastic player called Walker. He is athletic and useful but imo limited. I accept that he does need a rest and that would improve his form.
I didn't hear anyone slagging him in the 18 months before the Christmas - quite the opposite in fact. Can you name a better right back?

Walker has been poor for a while. He is a weak link. He struggles to keep possession with his woeful passing and his crossing is dreadful.
He is strong and quick though so he does bring something to the squad.

I'm not a fan of Mendy either. He also gives it away a lot. Defensively he is not great and is always injured anyway. He was injury prone before we signed him though so this isn't new.

I'd love 2 new young fullbacks this summer.

Has the full back problem returned again despite our purchases?

In Pep's first season it was the biggest problem but mainly due to the age and lack of legs. Seems to me it's returned again this season just in a slightly different form.

Walker - Don't know what's wrong with him, if I was giving him the benefit of the doubt it looks like he's played far too many games over the last 18 months, didn't have a big enough break after the World Cup. If I was being critical I'd say he's got comfortable with his league title.

Mendy - His injuries are killing us, forcing us to play players out of position, Delph has done a solid job filling in but we're still in a position where we need to buy a left back.

Danilo - Should be starting at right back at the moment, looks lost at left back.

I think it's hugely important that we bring in a left back soon or we could be saying the same thing next season.

So what's the solution this season?

I think it's hopefully get Delph/Mendy back, play Danilo right back and give Walker 2 weeks off.
"Mendy - His injuries are killing us." Oh really. It's a problem but put it in perspective.

Mendy's injuries have caused City problems, but problems we have dealt with. It's a bit sad of you to raise this just as he is about to return from injury.

Walker? Form. Obvious.

I understand we have some issues at full back but they are temporary problems of form and fitness. The initial problems, in Guardiola's first season, were dealing with players at the end of their careers.

Walker has been poor for a while. He is a weak link. He struggles to keep possession with his woeful passing and his crossing is dreadful.

I'm not a fan of Mendy either. He also gives it away a lot. Defensively he is not great and is always injured anyway. He was injury prone before we signed him though so this isn't new.

Pointless you’d only find a problem with them

Can we transfer you. We'd get about two pence. Keep you for entertainment value.

Mendy's injuries have caused City problems, but problems we have dealt with. It's a bit sad of you to raise this just as he is about to return from injury.
Is he though?

I will not get my hopes up until he strings a run of games together, personally I think he will always end up in the treatment room and we need a replacement.

Can we transfer you. We'd get about two pence. Keep you for entertainment value.

Maybe we should transfer you.
Someone who clearly excepts mediocrity.
You have 35000 posts so you obviously spend a lot of time online so I suggest you re-watch his performances this year on some website and report back with your findings.

We are in a fortunate position where if we have an area where performances aren't up to scratch they can be replaced. Not a popularity contest. Not a knee jerk reaction either. Not saying sell him but we need someone better. Just fact.

You either perform or don't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.