Has the premier league burst its own bubble ?

It goes beyond Europe now. This is why the World Cup went to the middle east. Will take another 25 yrs, but Saudi and wider football will become a major thing. European football will be part of a global thing. Think back 25k years, if flies past. Derby County finished 8th in the Premier league. Coventry finished 15th. We finished 3rd in League one.
Will the Saudi football experiment crash and burn as the Chinese one appears to have done?

Is this why nobody is buying? All this new legislation plays into the hands of teams like the rags who don't have a pot to p1ss in. Just stop everyone else from spending in the same way they put restrictions on the women's game: who did that benefit the most?
Exactly this. The same for Liverpool. Eventually get rid of promotion and relegation and you have a cosy NFL/NBL cash cow set up. Job done.

No, it was me.

I’ve been plotting and scheming for years. I am the Buster of Bubbles, the undermining of Hope, the fart in the Space Suit, the creator of self doubt, the vengeance and and pettiness of jealousy, made man. I am the four horseflies of the end times. I make nemesis look like Avon Ladies. I have only just begun.

I think a lot of it is to appease the yank owned clubs who want nice predictable, sustainable profits for their investors….. it will be the death of the league imo, but it might take a few years since the other European leagues are pretty shit atm and even less regulated/ more corrupt …

Exactly this. The same for Liverpool. Eventually get rid of promotion and relegation and you have a cosy NFL/NBL cash cow set up. Job done.
Then the traditional 'terrace' fans get disillusioned with no ups and downs in the game and vote with their feet ---- > perfect time to uproot the PL and take it to the USA. Job done part 2

Reactions: PPT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.