Has this been the best world cup ever?

Think this has been good. Probably because some of the so called lesser sides having played well.
For me 70,82 and 86 have been the best world cups I can remember.

I have loved it but it is hard to say best World Cup ever. The 1982 World Cup looked good as did the 1986 World Cup. My dad says his favourite was 1990. I was only 1 at the time though.

davymcfc said:
I have loved it but it is hard to say best World Cup ever. The 1982 World Cup looked good as did the 1986 World Cup. My dad says his favourite was 1990. I was only 1 at the time though.

1990 was the best for England. We had a decent side and manager and if it wasn't for those pesky Germans, who knows ?

I loved every minute. Brilliant effort from so many nations, Costa Rica, Australia, USA. Neymar was a star, Messi showed glimpses of his brilliance, the relentless Robben, the work rate and commitment from so many teams. England yes disappointing but I won't jump on the anti bandwagon, unlucky in both defeats. Suarez bite, the Rodrigues goal, the heroics of Howard, the sheer heartbreak (Switzerland last minute miss, Iran so close to drawing with Argentina) the collapse of Brazil, organisation and teamwork of the worthy champions Germany.

Well done to Brazil with it's many problems for coming through and delivering a memorable tournament.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.