Hash browns

its not a full english without black pudding. Its a breakfast abomination.

But we scots make the best - Stornaway black pudding. It would be great chieftain of the puddin race if that award hadn't gone elsewhere.
Black pudding, white pudding, haggis all filth.

Things that are okay that shouldn't be on a full English

Beans
Grilled tomato
Fried bread
Tomato sauce

A proper brekkke is the classic

Fried eggs X2
SausageX3
Bacon X2
Plum tomatoes
Brown sauce
Toast X 2
Butter
fresh orange juice
Tea/coffee
Salt
Pepper

I would accept mushrooms under the right circumstance.

Black pudding, white pudding, haggis all filth.

Things that are okay that shouldn't be on an full English

Beans
Grilled tomato
Fried bread
Tomato sauce

A proper brekkke is the classic

Fried eggs X2
SausageX3
Bacon X2
Plum tomatoes
Brown sauce
Toast X 2
Butter
fresh orange
Tea/coffee
Salt
Pepper

I would accept mushrooms under the right circumstance.
I don’t know haggis but black and white pudding really depends on where you get it from. The cheap supermarket varieties, I would agree, are rubbish.
The Belgians have the equivalent.
Boudin noir and boudin blanc.

I spent a year over there when I was 22-23 and worked on a farm across the road from my sister’s place.
I helped raise, knowing what feed they were getting on a daily basis, a group of piglets to maturity.
Phillipe and Ingrid the farmers only bought in the number of pigs that they had ultimate buyers for.
For example in the terrace of homes across the lane, my sister and her neighbours would sign up to buy half a pig or a full pig etc.

I was there from piglet to the slaughter that was done by a butcher brought in.
I held down the pig as he was bolted to the head. As his body spasmed, his jugular was slit and we collected the blood for the boudin noir.
That’s the reality of your food.
There was something comforting however about knowing everything about every cut of meat that you were buying.
It went straight from farm to seal to freezer.
And the boudin was fabulous.

Here in Ireland Conakilty pudding is seen as one of a few gold standard.

Choose anything you get from the supermarket wisely.
Puddings like sausages can be good quality or garbage.

I don’t know haggis but black and white pudding really depends on where you get it from. The cheap supermarket varieties, I would agree, are rubbish.
The Belgians have the equivalent.
Boudin noir and boudin blanc.

I spent a year over there when I was 22-23 and worked on a farm across the road from my sister’s place.
I helped raise, knowing what feed they were getting on a daily basis, a group of piglets to maturity.
Phillipe and Ingrid the farmers only bought in the number of pigs that they had ultimate buyers for.
For example in the terrace of homes across the lane, my sister and her neighbours would sign up to buy half a pig or a full pig etc.

I was there from piglet to the slaughter that was done by a butcher brought in.
I held down the pig as he was bolted to the head. As his body spasmed, his jugular was slit and we collected the blood for the boudin noir.
That’s the reality of your food.
There was something comforting however about knowing everything about every cut of meat that you were buying.
It went straight from farm to seal to freezer.
And the boudin was fabulous.

Here in Ireland Conakilty pudding is seen as one of a few gold standard.

Choose anything you get from the supermarket wisely.
Puddings like sausages can be good quality or garbage.
I lived near Bury as a kid and was eating black pudding, I asked my mum what was it made of. When she told me it put me right off. 30 yrs later I was in Scotland and ordered a Scottish breakfast. When it came it had black and white pudding along with haggis. I thought fuck it I'm gonna give it go, never ever again, utter shite.

What does piss me off is when I ask for no black pudding they don't thfow on an extra sausage cheeky sods.

I lived near Bury as a kid and was eating black pudding, I asked my mum what was it made of. When she told me it put me right off. 30 yrs later I was in Scotland and ordered a Scottish breakfast. When it came it had black and white pudding along with haggis. I thought fuck it I'm gonna give it go, never ever again, utter shite.

What does piss me off is when I ask for no black pudding they don't thfow on an extra sausage cheeky sods.
Probably better off.
Do you know what goes into some sausages?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.