Have a pint for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City v United pre match thread

As time is passing and the more I actually see what they could put out against us at, the more confident I am. We will smash these bastards 4-0

COME ON CITY

ninjamonkey said:
It will be either very brave or stupid If he sticks with 4-4-2 tomorrow. If it goes our way and we win he'll shut a lot of people up who are calling for a 4-5-1 formation (myself included) but if he goes with it and we lose there's going to be some real pressure on him for the first time since his arrival.

The Daily Star (ha!) now suggesting just this will happen - Milner supposedly to start in a 3 man midfield.

I'm kind of with the camp that thinks way too much is made of the formation. But also I am hoping that this is indeed true as I think something of a shakeup is called for and that this is Milner's best role. Also would seem to suit the opponent. Crap-for-a-head will probably be coming at us and Milner seems best used to my eyes against managers who play this way.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
ninjamonkey said:
It will be either very brave or stupid If he sticks with 4-4-2 tomorrow. If it goes our way and we win he'll shut a lot of people up who are calling for a 4-5-1 formation (myself included) but if he goes with it and we lose there's going to be some real pressure on him for the first time since his arrival.

Agree with this....I think at the minute it is not working with the 4-4-2 formation, I am hoping he goes with 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 as this game is going to be won in midfield. The rags midfield are not as good as ours, we need to overload them and provide the decent cover for the back four when required. The rags are going to play on the counter because that imo is the only way they can score against us.

They will try to spring out fast if we lose the ball deep in their half. That said I think we play 4-2-3-1 \ 4-5-1 we will dominate from start to finish.

I would go with:

HART

ZABA KOMPANY DEMI KOLAROV

FERNANDINHO FERNANDO

MILNER YAYA NASRI

AGUERO

I only hope MP reads this, that team scores three and keeps a clean sheet.

Rösler von Stretfordbömber said:
ninjamonkey said:

The Daily Star (ha!) now suggesting just this will happen - Milner supposedly to start in a 3 man midfield.

I'm kind of with the camp that thinks way too much is made of the formation. But also I am hoping that this is indeed true as I think something of a shakeup is called for and that this is Milner's best role. Also would seem to suit the opponent. Crap-for-a-head will probably be coming at us and Milner seems best used to my eyes against managers who play this way.

The shake up required is in intensity , graft, guile , better clinical finishing and a will to win in particular a real desire to get back into a game should we fall behind.

These are non negotiables and non related to the set up.

38 defeats from the last 39 games we have trailed at half time is a disgrace for a side of this quality and international level experience.

Of course we can put the game to bed in the first half to not have to concern ourselves with breaking this sequence but we know the way we have been playing this won't happen and we will have to be fully committed to the task for the whole game to come out on top.

Last post I make before the match.

This is as always GOOD versus EVIL.

We can't directly affect the outcome but we can indirectly.

For those who are going, like me, FFS get behind the team.

I don't want to read anybody slagging off OUR team for lack of effort if they themselves haven't given everything to support them.

C'mon CITY.

We need this more than them given our last results. Time to stop the rot and turn the City Ours.

Just win by any means necessary. I can stomach a loss to West Ham, to Swindon Town, to Bury... but losing to them is torture.

Come on City!

bluestown said:
how do you insert an image on this thread

Either copy the image url and wrap it with or go to tinypic.url and upload it, then do same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.