Have Ajax thrown in the towel being an entity in big European Competitions?

They have given football so much in the past years but so have teams like Honved etc (just before my time you understand FOC) so nothing is a given. One of my favorite players of all time is Johann Neeskens.
Spoken to a lot of Dutch people on holiday over the years (PSV, Feyenoord fans) and Ajax are pretty much known as the dutch rags with celebrity fans and hangers on and friends in the press. (You know the story).

It's a shame I suppose but if they had a rich benefactor ..... It happened in France!
What a player he was, £300m in todays market

What a player he was, £300m in todays market
My son bought and framed a small picture of him, for me, that's in a corner of dining room ( in the east wing of Left Peg towers). In it he is competing for the ball with Keegan and people always say ' I didn't know you were a Keegan fan'!
I think he would have fitted in well in our team. Always tried to play like him back in the day.

The money comes mainly from Asia. Not UK. Its not millions but billions ….
Rigged as in having a number 4 in the league playing the CL final?

PL tv money is split about 50/50 domestic to international and the US, Europe and Africa are just as important as Asia to the PL.

Its not but its a non discussion anyways.
The report also says that the league’s clubs have been told its overseas broadcast partnerships will be worth more than the domestic rights deals for the first time.

For the 2022 to 2025 rights cycle, The Times says international deals will be worth UK£5.3 billion (US$7.1 billion), up 30 per cent, while domestic deals bring in UK£5.1 billion (US$6.9 billion), with commercial partnerships taking the total to UK£10.5 billion (US$14.2 billion).
https://www.sportspromedia.com/news...n-over-next-three-years/?zephr_sso_ott=G0Jh0x

I remember City Playing a friendly against Ajax decades ago. It was dead exciting at the time as they were seen as an elite club. The funny thing is, I don't remember a thing about the actual game.

Ajax sadly can't keep hold off their best players because the money is too good for them and also the players all want their dream moves to bigger clubs.

Some clubs are victims of being in a country that isn't like England, France, Spain, Italy and Germany.
Don’t we fucking know it.

Gigantic in the 70s and maybe just maybe all the way to early 2000s but now just another Galatasaray type club. I hope they still have that wonderful youth set up

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.