Have many of our “fans” become entitled?

The weirdest aspect for me is that we have won 3 out of past 4 titles. Domestic cups galore. CL finalists last year. Have the best manager of all time. The greatest football we are ever likely to see is put before us on a weekly basis. On for the treble this season.

And yet some fans still never seem to be happy.

I genuinely worry for them.

Human nature. They're happy alright but with success comes a whole new set of pressure. Every game becomes vital, every point dropped a disaster. It doesn't help that we are competing with those over hyped media favourites, those loveable scousers, led by that gurning chest beating wanker Klopp. It makes losing out to them, if we do, all the more painful.

When we were average we had no expectations. Games could be enjoyed with relatively no pressure, unless we were near the bottom. If we won it was a bonus. Best a top four side? Floating on air.

I'd rather be where we are now but it isn't enjoyable a lot of the time due to the constant pressure.

Human nature. They're happy alright but with success comes a whole new set of pressure. Every game becomes vital, every point dropped a disaster. It doesn't help that we are competing with those over hyped media favourites, those loveable scousers, led by that gurning chest beating wanker Klopp. It makes losing out to them, if we do, all the more painful.

When we were average we had no expectations. Games could be enjoyed with relatively no pressure, unless we were near the bottom. If we won it was a bonus. Best a top four side? Floating on air.

I'd rather be where we are now but it isn't enjoyable a lot of the time due to the constant pressure.
I get that annoyance/pressure in the heat of the moment during or just after a game.

But I don't understand how, during midweek downtime, fans can't get a sense of perspective viewing our current form/most recent game in the context of, 1) pre takeover mediocrity and 2) the course of this season - where we are still the best team in the country (by definition) and top 3 in Europe by any measure.

Last edited:
I get that annoyance/pressure in the heat of the moment during or just after a game.

But I don't understand how, during midweek downtime, fans can't get a sense of perspective viewing our current form/most recent game in the context of, 1) pre takeover mediocrity and 2) the course of this season - where we are still the best team in the country (by definition) and the 3 in Europe by any measure.

Everybody has it and knows it. It's just pressure it magnifies everything. Come on here tonight if Arsenal pull of a miracle and beat the scouse wankers, the place will be jumping.

Everybody calling himself a City fan should take a Citizenship Test.
Pass it and you can wear the sky blue scarf, fail it and you have to go around wearing a raggy shirt.
Example questions:
1. We're you at York away?
2. How many times have Shrewsbury beaten us in the cup?
3. Did you ever get piss wet through standing on the scoreboard end at Maine Road?
4. Which of these was the worst City player ever/ biggest waste of money?.......
Gerry Creaney, Steve Daley, John Macken, Rick Holden, Somebody else?
5. Name 10 useless players signed by Allison in his final stint.
6. Which would you rather do?......
Beat the rags or watch a rerun of the Wigan cup Final.
Tie Breaker: Complete the following in no more than 25 words....
Swales was an excellent chairman because.........
1. Wrexham away was the truer test of loyalty.
2. Twice
3. No - but a thousand times on the Kippax.
4. Lee Bradbury
5. Steve Daley and nine others
6. Is this a trick question?
Tie breaker: he somehow managed to cling on through all his fuck ups.

Fair fucks to em, wish I could draw on the confidence of being in this 'age group' of the fanbase.

Ahh to sit before a game thinking 'fuck this its only XXX' and not having a memory of being pumped in the mud on a sat must win game somewhere, sometime with a red card, own goal and comedy defending.
Exactly. A certain age of fan wont know what we went through

Yup, I am nervous before matches now. In the bad old days, just had an angst free good time before losing again.

Yup, I am nervous before matches now. In the bad old days, just had an angst free good time before losing again.

That was it. The song "We never win at home and we never win away" was never more appropriate. It was a badge of honour to turn up week after week even in our darkest times

I personally feel there’s a lot of negative shite on social media that brings everybody down, which isn’t necessarily reflected in the match going fanbase.
I like everybody was disappointed with the result on Monday, but by Tuesday morning I was over it. There will be many twists and turns before seasons end and I still think we’ll come out on top.
Log on to Twitter however and you would still, two days later think the world had just caved in. It’s unbelievable just how slapped some of those arses are on there.

I think there are a lot of miserable people in the world and social media gives them an outlet. That's true for many posters on here (but not exclusively by any stretch).

Unfortunately what happens is that the only people that post are the negative ones, even if they're the overwhelming minority overall. So it ends up seeming worse than it is.

I don't think the fanbase are entitled or have become entitled. It's just we only see the postings of the ones who are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.