Have many of our “fans” become entitled?

Alistair Cooke once wrote 'The true sports fan or player knows this one truth.. Win one; Lose one; Move on'.

The good coaches I ever worked with all said basically the same thing.. 'If you can't take defeat and learn from it, don't play the game in the first place'

From a personal point of view I would say some have lol.
What I dont like is a premier league which is basically a training match like Monday night, defence v attack.

When I was jounger and of course City were shit i dont remember this tactic of parking the bus. It seems to have become popular in the premier league in the last 10 or so years.

I am not entitled but feel sometimes after paying 50 odd quid for a game of football I am entitled to a game of football and not defence v attack

Everybody calling himself a City fan should take a Citizenship Test.
Pass it and you can wear the sky blue scarf, fail it and you have to go around wearing a raggy shirt.
Example questions:
1. We're you at York away?
2. How many times have Shrewsbury beaten us in the cup?
3. Did you ever get piss wet through standing on the scoreboard end at Maine Road?
4. Which of these was the worst City player ever/ biggest waste of money?.......
Gerry Creaney, Steve Daley, John Macken, Rick Holden, Somebody else?
5. Name 10 useless players signed by Allison in his final stint.
6. Which would you rather do?......
Beat the rags or watch a rerun of the Wigan cup Final.
Tie Breaker: Complete the following in no more than 25 words....
Swales was an excellent chairman because.........

Last edited:
And the correct answers are....
1. No, there were 50,000 ahead of me in the ticket queue.
2. Anyone answering "once" fails automatically.
3. Every week, mate, every week.
4. Lee Badbuy
5. Er....Barry Conlon.....er...
6. The Wigan final was good for the unentitled soul.
Tie breaker: His natural modesty shone through every fuck up.

Last edited:
From a personal point of view I would say some have lol.
What I dont like is a premier league which is basically a training match like Monday night, defence v attack.

When I was jounger and of course City were shit i dont remember this tactic of parking the bus. It seems to have become popular in the premier league in the last 10 or so years.

I am not entitled but feel sometimes after paying 50 odd quid for a game of football I am entitled to a game of football and not defence v attack
Blame Mr. Maurinho.

Born in 74 i always say my generation had the worse of it. Just missed out on the glory years of mercer/allison , had to put up with total shit til my late 30s.

so really i should have NOTHING to moan about.

but it doesnt work like that does it. Expectations change. Where as years ago id have been happy with a point at palace, now it pisses me off.
Ive seen trevor christie play like a total **** week in week out so why am i bothered when bernardo missed from a yard out?

I adored being a blue when we were shit. Always said we had a better laugh than the red scum.

i guess i shouldnt be bothered about anything and grateful for everything, but lifes not like that is , with the investment, with the success, expectations change.

im not sure some blues (inc me) are ‘entitled’ more an ‘expectation’.

Blame Mr. Maurinho.

Was he a park the bus manager in his first spell at Chelsea ?

Some moan about the atmosphere of the Etihad. I find myself picking games hoping with all my travelling to see a good regardless of the score !

Before City got good I would come to any match I could, but the increase in the park the bus tactics against st City makes me choose my games abit more.

Guess it's a compliment that teams play like that but with tickets 50quid or more it's not great for the fans.

Last edited:
Was he a park the bus manager in his first spell at Chelsea ?

Some moan about the atmosphere of the Etihad. I find myself picking games hoping with all my travelling to see a good regardless of the score !

Before City got good I would come to any match I could, but the increase in the park the bus tactics against st City makes me choose my games abit more.

Guess it's a compliment that teams play like that but with tickets 50quid or more it's not great for the fans.
I would say he has always been a defensive manager. Reached its height I think when Drogba acted as the only 'outball' to an eight man defensive mesh. His sides, however, have often scored plenty of goals on the break, but his set up always started with a midfield defender plus two others being the key element.

Last edited:
Fair fucks to em, wish I could draw on the confidence of being in this 'age group' of the fanbase.

Ahh to sit before a game thinking 'fuck this its only XXX' and not having a memory of being pumped in the mud on a sat must win game somewhere, sometime with a red card, own goal and comedy defending.

The weirdest aspect for me is that we have won 3 out of past 4 titles. Domestic cups galore. CL finalists last year. Have the best manager of all time. The greatest football we are ever likely to see is put before us on a weekly basis. On for the treble this season.

And yet some fans still never seem to be happy.

I genuinely worry for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.