have never felt so comfortable...

BillyShears said:
gman07 said:
There are some spanish ones that could really be great... just cant remember their names..
some are in the national team some just below it...

Navas at Sevilla and Pablo Hernandez at Valencia are two I can think of, although Pablo doesn't have blistering pace...Navas I believe a lot of big clubs have looked at but he suffers from chronic homesickness and IIRC up until last season didn't even travel to away games!
Yes Navas... I watched a game last weekend with him just coming back from injury and man he really made that fullback wish he still was in bed... within 10 min im sure he delivered 10 perfect crosses and skinned the fullback every time... it was jaw dropping performance!! Sad to hear that he is so homesick... but I guess not everyone wants big contracts!?!

Danamy said:
I'm still not 100% convinced by RM but that's my thoughts and opinion...........................

I will let you all know when i come out of the closet
Iwas very dubious about him earlier this season, but I'm getting there. Still not 100% on him though; some of his decisions/selections are a bit baffling. For instance, playing Jo at the Emirates instead of AJ or SWP. Either of those would have given us an outlet, and would have added both pace and some support for Tevez up front. Jo, god bless him, tries very hard but is extremely limited. And his dying swan impression did him (asnd us) no favours).

gman07 said:
BillyShears said:
Navas at Sevilla and Pablo Hernandez at Valencia are two I can think of, although Pablo doesn't have blistering pace...Navas I believe a lot of big clubs have looked at but he suffers from chronic homesickness and IIRC up until last season didn't even travel to away games!
Yes Navas... I watched a game last weekend with him just coming back from injury and man he really made that fullback wish he still was in bed... within 10 min im sure he delivered 10 perfect crosses and skinned the fullback every time... it was jaw dropping performance!! Sad to hear that he is so homesick... but I guess not everyone wants big contracts!?!

You know who I really rate....I'll probably get laughed at, but the boy Albrighton at Villa. Yes he's young and very very raw, but fuck me, that boy can deliver a sweet sweet cross, and is absolutely rapid...one to watch IMO...

Plain Speaking said:
Damocles said:
Contrast the performance of Mancini, Ancelotti and Capello to Martinez. You actually just disproved your own point.
I dont think so, I think Martinez is doing a good job with the resources he has at his disposal. Martinez has taken the time to learn an additional language that makes him a more effective communicator to his team. Mancini is slowly getting better but he has a long way to go.

Not surprising how well Martinez has picked up English-he,s been here since the late 1980,s when he 1st joined wigan as a player along with another spanish footballer-neither of them could speak a word of english at the time- give Bobby a break,he,s been speaking the lingo for justover a year.

Also,not sure how effective a communicator Martinez is speaking english to his multi-national team...? Perhaps what you really mean is Martinez comes across well in post match interviews...?

BillyShears said:
gman07 said:

You know who I really rate....I'll probably get laughed at, but the boy Albrighton at Villa. Yes he's young and very very raw, but fuck me, that boy can deliver a sweet sweet cross, and is absolutely rapid...one to watch IMO...
Well Im not laughing at all since I agree with you... he has had a t'riffic (:-)) season and really has been the shining light in Villa... he will rise up and become a good player!! sadly I dont think Villa will sell us more players :(
Coleman in Everton is another new player showing great goods...

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Plain Speaking said:
I dont think so, I think Martinez is doing a good job with the resources he has at his disposal. Martinez has taken the time to learn an additional language that makes him a more effective communicator to his team. Mancini is slowly getting better but he has a long way to go.

you do realise martinez has lived in this country 15 years right?
I accept this. I dont know how much he studied? but he is now more eloquent than many Englishmen. All I am saying is that Mancini has a weakness with his language skills. I like the guy and like Tolmie said he has been our best manager for many a year.

gman07 said:
BillyShears said:
Well Im not laughing at all since I agree with you... he has had a t'riffic (:-)) season and really has been the shining light in Villa... he will rise up and become a good player!! sadly I dont think Villa will sell us more players :(

I believe we're about to send Bridge to Villa........so that relationship's okay......Everton on the other hand....I don't think Moyes would sell us a virus after the Lescott affair....;- )

BillyShears said:
gman07 said:

I believe we're about to send Bridge to Villa........so that relationship's okay......Everton on the other hand....I don't think Moyes would sell us a virus after the Lescott affair....;- )
well if we can send Bridge there it might work... and Moyes is just a daft prick...

But what about Phillips in Blackpool... he really showed some progress against us... only 19 years old?

BillyShears said:
gman07 said:

I'm also a big fan of him. Reminds me of a junior Franck Ribery type player...

Can we not do a deal throwing in SWP, RSC, Bridge... plus cash?

We still need width and pace.

BillyShears said:
gman07 said:

Moyes is one of Fergie's lackies, hoping to get United players on the cheap. Regardless of Lescott he would be an enemy of City if only to keep well in with Fergie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.