have never felt so comfortable...

HellasLEAF said:
I don't think Mancini is beyond criticism, but I support him. I believe this man can lead us to a title.

What title, I'm not sure. Could be the Carling Cup but we'll win something.

What the carling cup next year you mean i would prefer the FA cup this year and finnish in the top 4 or even win the league

Plain Speaking said:
The main Italian managers in the English game, (Mancini, Ancellotti and Capello) are not as effective as they could be because of their lack of fluency. Contrast this with Roberto Martinez who is superb with his language skills. I am not saying its the most important skill but it is a real weakness for those Italians.

Contrast the performance of Mancini, Ancelotti and Capello to Martinez. You actually just disproved your own point.

Plain Speaking said:
Mancio said:
LOL at least half team barely understand an english word
i think there is only Tevez who doesnt seem to have tried to learn English. However the best coach around, (Mourinho), is fluent in a number of languages. Apparently United have identified the skill set for Fergie's replacement and fluency in principal languages is rated highly. The main Italian managers in the English game, (Mancini, Ancellotti and Capello) are not as effective as they could be because of their lack of fluency. Contrast this with Roberto Martinez who is superb with his language skills. I am not saying its the most important skill but it is a real weakness for those Italians.

football is not politics mate. nor is as to have to sell ice at the north pole. language skills may be required for politicians and charlatans but the language of football is universal. history is full of winning managers managing in countries which they did not know a word of the language , spalletti this year in Russia as last exemple.

I feel very comfortable with the current Manager. The improvement in the team and the general play as the Season wears on is their for all to see, the latest development for me being the way he now rests his players in some form of rotation that I haven't quite worked out yet.

Therefore from the very start of his time with City, Mancini has tackled the most pressing issue immediately and with great success.

First off the leaky defence - sorted. Next, new players - young,hungry,full of potential - sorted. Next; speed of play and tempo - lacking in the early part of the season - sorted. Next up on the agenda? probably the fine tuning of the squad that we will see in this Transfer Window and the next.

We have all seen as well the impact of Mancini and the Coaching team on individual players - vast improvements in Zab,Richards and De Jong for instance.

I will not go into my opinions of the Managers of yesteryear - sooner or later they all get their own threads; I will say that I was a big fan of Hughes and I thought he deserved more time and I felt he had a Trophy in him; but from the second we appointed this Manager I knew immediately we had an upgrade. Hughes did as we all called for during 2008/9 and he took us to the next level.

Bobby will bring us success at this new level.

Weird that we have so much positivity when we are in fact GOING BACKWARDS!
Of the 22 games so far, 5 have been against promoted sides leaving 17 which have a result from 2009/10 to compare against.
From these 17 games we have gleaned just 27 points compared with 30 last year!

gman07 said:
Well Elia i know off and agree he would really suit us... was disappointed that we couldnt get Ozil in the summer... he has lots of pace too!!! Sanchez is that the chilean guy?? If it is he is awesome!!!

Yep, they're probably the best two wingers not currently at 'big' European clubs. It's a shame we didn't get Ozil, but it was either him or Silva, and I'm delighted we've got David...

steveb15 said:
Weird that we have so much positivity when we are in fact GOING BACKWARDS!
Of the 22 games so far, 5 have been against promoted sides leaving 17 which have a result from 2009/10 to compare against.
From these 17 games we have gleaned just 27 points compared with 30 last year!

Slightly adjusting stats to suit an arguement, Ray Charles can see we're not going backwards

tolmie's hairdoo said:
with our current manager.

Want to expand the debate rather than Mancini is God, ad nauseum.

However, in all my 30 years of watching us, admittedly, we have had some real shite, I have great faith in Mancini's abilities.

There is a calmed assurance which he portrays, which at least to myself, screams confidence and winner.

I thought for a very brief time Howard Kendall knew what he was doing, that's the only other time.

My own barometer only twitches slightly in the 'big games', but sense that is as much down to his belief some players are to still to take that leap of faith?

Is there anybody else you thought had the serious stones.

Please don't say Sven, Hughes or Reid!

I have to agree with Tolmie's sentiments. As one of the older (ahem) posters, in over 40 yrs of supporting City, nobody since Joe comes close... Yes 'Skip' won us our last trophy, but he never gave me the air of confidence that Mancini does. Yes he needs to adapt to the English mentality... or does he? Do we care how he sets his team up if he brings us any form of success.

BillyShears said:
gman07 said:
Well Elia i know off and agree he would really suit us... was disappointed that we couldnt get Ozil in the summer... he has lots of pace too!!! Sanchez is that the chilean guy?? If it is he is awesome!!!

Yep, they're probably the best two wingers not currently at 'big' European clubs. It's a shame we didn't get Ozil, but it was either him or Silva, and I'm delighted we've got David...
Yes I wouldnt switch David for Ozil... I want them both in our team... :) One can wish!

And yes ofc you are right about the wingers... Elia and Sanchez is going soon to big clubs... and hopefully we can get one of them... but there must be more of them out there on the rooster... young hungry as our AJ... I just dont know who...

I always felt comfortable with Sven in charge.

And by that, I mean at half time. When the team went inside, and I went for a piss. I was happy, because I knew that Sven knew what he needed to do to change the game if it needed changing.

I never felt that with Hughes, I liked him, but I never felt that. If we were 1-0 down at half time, I was confident we weren't going to win.

Mancini - I feel more comfortable than I did with Hughes. I'm not in the same position as the OP though, I think Sven was smarter, but that's just experience talking.

I do love Mancini though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.