have never felt so comfortable...

Panthera Tigris said:
I thought Brian Horton was just what we needed back in 1993. He has a calmness about him, and had the stature in the game to bring in big players, like Mancini is doing now.

1st post and an attempt at a clarkie, bravo.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I must admit I do sometimes wonder what would have happened if Kendall hadn't 'returned to his wife', but Mancini is on another planet to anything we've had for nearly 40 years now

Sadly, Kendal had a problem with the vino.

It was just a matter of time before he imploded.

Panthera Tigris said:
I thought Brian Horton was just what we needed back in 1993. He has a calmness about him, and had the stature in the game to bring in big players, like Mancini is doing now.

I agree,i've alot of time for Horton,we played some good stuff under him.He was the right man at the right time,sacked far too soon.

I'm warming to him but I've a way to go yet.

I thought Sven was a capable manager. His signings were mixed but he made them quickly. But I trusted him to organise the side properly.

Hughes was hopeless, Pearce worse. Keegan was great for a season but it all collapsed when he fell out with Berkovic.

Royle I liked and trusted.

Kendall definitely did the business for us and I wasw gutted when he left. He's probably the last City manager I really trusted. McNeil was good too.

Since the days of Tony Book I have only "loved" three managers at City... John Bond, Kevin Keegan... and the one who could have been the best of them all... Howard Kendall.

Was gutted when all three left. I understood why Bond and Keegan moved on, but Kendall dropped a bollock of Ralph Milne proportions!

So far I don't feel the same way about Mancini. But that is more to do with expectations and awaiting the inevitable disappointments to come..!!!

first off he looks as cool as fuck
his image suits our ambition,
he has the players respect as a player.
he has done it all before from being player/coach over achieving with underfunded teams, to winning back to back titles with inter.
The only thing he has not done is win the champs league although that should change in the next two or three years.( felt sorry for him when jose did it first time) He is probably one of the top 5 most distinguished managers around
he seems to really communicate his ideas well and is really hands on with the training. Makes sure everyone knows there job which is what you can see on the pitch at the mo. Under hughes this was non existant.
he has the italian art of defending down to a T and being an attacking player himself knows the ins and outs of attacking play.
On his wikipedia page says he wrote a book on the role of the attacking midfielder \must know his shit throughand through
His backroom staff he has known and worked with for an age( since his days at sampodaria or where ever he was) so they know exactly how everybody operates

he is calm, approachable even softspoken yet commands respect. He is don mancini " the tactical one and if you step out of line you sleep with the fishes. That is the main difference between this manager and the others
he is respected for the man he is plus his tactical know how.

the others had aspects of one or the other but never both
plus our chairman, backroom, scouting, developement are at a new level
which will inevitably make Don mancini look that much better.
That the way it EEZ!

Didsbury Dave said:
Royle I liked and trusted.

I have mixed feelings about Royle. Obviously he did an incredible job with back to back promotions and I had a lot of confidence him in those two seasons, really seemed to know what he was doing. But then came the Premier League season. I know it was a huge ask to stay up after back to back promotions but I can't help feeling that everyone could see what was coming and he did very little about it, he just seemed convinced that everything would be ok. As it turned out, it was ok of us because we had a glorious season under Keegan, and hindsight is wonderful, but I think that relegation was very avoidable.

I know he wasnt here very long, but Steve Coppell started something. Shame he couldnt continue for whatever reason, but in his time the whole club was lifted. A real kick in the teeth when he left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.