have never felt so comfortable...

It always seems to be a kind of fake trust in our past managers. We were happy with some of them at times but what made us happy and trustful back then wouldn't make us happy and trustful now. We all loved KK and wanted him to succeed, same as Royle and Sven. But whilst they all achieved to an extent they were very limited in what they could actually do. I thought Sven was a genius for getting us to 9th after that season under Pearce. However, people often ask what would Sven have done with all of this money and in all honesty I cannot say for sure that he would even get us in the top 4, never mind challenging for a title. Mancini has something different. Be it class or just the fact he really is a 'winner' (I hate that term but it just seems right with Mancini) I don't know but he definitely has the X-Factor.

Without a shadow of a doubt the best manager we've had in a generation.

Soulboy said:
Since the days of Tony Book I have only "loved" three managers at City... John Bond, Kevin Keegan... and the one who could have been the best of them all... Howard Kendall.

Was gutted when all three left. I understood why Bond and Keegan moved on, but Kendall dropped a bollock of Ralph Milne proportions!

So far I don't feel the same way about Mancini. But that is more to do with expectations and awaiting the inevitable disappointments to come..!!!

^^^this^^^ minus Keegan. Like others I suffered disappointment to match relegation

rickmcfc said:
When is this "big" announcement that you mentioned last month in the topic "it's in the wind"?

What announcement?

If you mean statement/show of power, made it clear in said thread Dzeko was our show of power, with one more top name in discussion.

Was also in It's Quiet thread pg 1 beginning of Nov.

blue wang said:
first off he looks as cool as fuck
his image suits our ambition,

It makes me cringe to keep hearing this. Is there an element of suppressed homosexuality in this sentiment? I couldnt care less if he wears a clown suit and has a mullet. I care about who he puts out on the pitch and how he organises them.

Last season he got 5 out of 0 for me, this season 7 out of 10 and rising.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
with our current manager.

Want to expand the debate rather than Mancini is God, ad nauseum.

However, in all my 30 years of watching us, admittedly, we have had some real shite, I have great faith in Mancini's abilities.

There is a calmed assurance which he portrays, which at least to myself, screams confidence and winner.

I thought for a very brief time Howard Kendall knew what he was doing, that's the only other time.

My own barometer only twitches slightly in the 'big games', but sense that is as much down to his belief some players are to still to take that leap of faith?

Is there anybody else you thought had the serious stones.

Please don't say Sven, Hughes or Reid!

Spot on with Howard Kendall pal.

I was in the players lounge in the company of Reidy when the news came through on TV with the news that Everton had lost again and his words were 'thats bad news for Colin (Harvey)'

Later in the evening saw Kevin Sheedy,Norman Whiteside and A another (can't remember who) lashed up outside Kendalls office no doubt on a pleading mission for the messiah to return home...... the rest is History

I was absolutely gutted.

We have only recently surpassed my confidence levels in our current set up from Kendalls era.

Didsbury Dave said:

7 out of ten is a bit of a come-down after a 5 out of zero. What shook your confidence?

Didsbury Dave said:
I'm warming to him but I've a way to go yet.

I thought Sven was a capable manager. His signings were mixed but he made them quickly. But I trusted him to organise the side properly.

Hughes was hopeless, Pearce worse. Keegan was great for a season but it all collapsed when he fell out with Berkovic.

Royle I liked and trusted.

Kendall definitely did the business for us and I wasw gutted when he left. He's probably the last City manager I really trusted. McNeil was good too.
if i was as smart as you i`d of said all that,apart from the Bobby bit .I`m impressed Prestwich,you might not be quite as bad as i thought you were

Didsbury Dave said:
blue wang said:
first off he looks as cool as fuck
his image suits our ambition,

It makes me cringe to keep hearing this. Is there an element of suppressed homosexuality in this sentiment? I couldnt care less if he wears a clown suit and has a mullet. I care about who he puts out on the pitch and how he organises them.

hey, hey take it easy
I Agree with you , it is just a bonus
however if we win the league with a game to spare he should wear a fedora and smoke a cigar this would make him a legend.
All i am saying he looks the part and you would be surprised how much of a difference this makes. Do you think some one in own coyle attire could manage a top 4 club and be taken seriously

Keegan's first season was amazing. The more money he spent, the worse the team seemed to be.

I loved Sven to be honest. The first 6 months were brilliant. He inherited a really poor squad and spent the little money he had well. With only two decent attacking players (Elano & Petrov), we were never going to stay at the top end of the table for too long. I'd certainly have preferred him to have been the manager when the takeover happened.

I thought Hughes was dreadful, but was initially disappointed when Mancini took over (I had my heart set on Hiddink). I remember driving back from the match against Blackburn and upon hearing the news of his appointment, I told my fellow passengers that we were going to "waste another 18 months" with an average manager. I delighted to have been proved wrong.

From Day One the team have kept the ball brilliantly. He has a real presence and I love the way he's dealt with difficult personalities. I genuinely think he's a world beater and will deliver silverware before too long. Forza Mancini!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.