have never felt so comfortable...

blue wang said:
Didsbury Dave said:
It makes me cringe to keep hearing this. Is there an element of suppressed homosexuality in this sentiment? I couldnt care less if he wears a clown suit and has a mullet. I care about who he puts out on the pitch and how he organises them.

Last season he got 5 out of 0 for me, this season 7 out of 10 and rising.

hey, hey take it easy
I Agree with you , it is just a bonus
however if we win the league with a game to spare he should wear a fedora and smoke a cigar this would make him a legend.
All i am saying he looks the part and you would be surprised how much of a difference this makes. Do you think some one in own coyle attire could manage a top 4 club and be taken seriously

What they wear matter not one iota. Look at Ferguson, he looks like a tramp.

Didsbury Dave said:
blue wang said:
first off he looks as cool as fuck
his image suits our ambition,

It makes me cringe to keep hearing this. Is there an element of suppressed homosexuality in this sentiment? I couldnt care less if he wears a clown suit and has a mullet. I care about who he puts out on the pitch and how he organises them.

Last season he got 5 out of 0 for me, this season 7 out of 10 and rising.

Clown Suit - now why would you pick that image DD? And blue wang is a suppressed homosexual too, not even overt. I have reported this post in the beyond belief category.

Didsbury Dave said:
blue wang said:
hey, hey take it easy
I Agree with you , it is just a bonus
however if we win the league with a game to spare he should wear a fedora and smoke a cigar this would make him a legend.
All i am saying he looks the part and you would be surprised how much of a difference this makes. Do you think some one in own coyle attire could manage a top 4 club and be taken seriously

What they wear matter not one iota. Look at Ferguson, he looks like a tramp.

a tramp with a suit, is a respectable tramp
all the top managers where suits ,
look at Pep guirdola, jose and mancini i am not saying there success is directly linked to how sharp they look , my point is they represent the club and it is best they look the part. It inspires confidence

He bottles the big games got nothing to do with the players, been impressed recently though

tolmie's hairdoo said:
with our current manager.

Want to expand the debate rather than Mancini is God, ad nauseum.

However, in all my 30 years of watching us, admittedly, we have had some real shite, I have great faith in Mancini's abilities.

There is a calmed assurance which he portrays, which at least to myself, screams confidence and winner.

I thought for a very brief time Howard Kendall knew what he was doing, that's the only other time.

My own barometer only twitches slightly in the 'big games', but sense that is as much down to his belief some players are to still to take that leap of faith?

Is there anybody else you thought had the serious stones.

Please don't say Sven, Hughes or Reid!

I've never been convinced, enthused or a big fan if any manager we've ever had in my 22years of supporting City. And I'm yet to be convinced by Mancini. Not that I'm not convinced by what he's done so far, its just that I would rather judge him at the end his contract and see how we have improved.

He's made a fantastic start, especially with our defence. Before he came we'd conceded a relagetion team standard 33 goals in half a season. So far this season we've conceded 16, which unless I'm mistaken is the best in Europe. We've been getting some great results away from home and been okay at home, overall I'm chuffed with being in second place at the mo. But he's got a long long way to go and we need to improve in a lot more areas (keepin the ball against anyone above 14th, playing at a much higher tempo, increasing players confidence in themselves, keeping a tight lid on who says what and to who, scoring chances that we create against shit teams and creating chances to score against good teams...) before I feel that I'm comfortable and confident that Mancini is going to be a good manager for us.

This is by no means a complaint - i want Mancini to be our manager for his co tract and longer. But I do not think he's made us anywhere near the real deal yet! But like everything else give him time and it should come.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

However, in all my 30 years of watching us, admittedly, we have had some real shite, I have great faith in Mancini's abilities.

There is a calmed assurance which he portrays, which at least to myself, screams confidence and winner.

I thought for a very brief time Howard Kendall knew what he was doing, that's the only other time.

My own barometer only twitches slightly in the 'big games', but sense that is as much down to his belief some players are to still to take that leap of faith?

I've said this after about 6 weeks into his management! When people started slating his negative management! For me he's the best manager we have had for over 30 years! Probably the closes to him was Kendle and it was a pity he left when he did!

danburge82 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I've never been convinced, enthused or a big fan if any manager we've ever had in my 22years of supporting City. And I'm yet to be convinced by Mancini. Not that I'm not convinced by what he's done so far, its just that I would rather judge him at the end his contract and see how we have improved.

He's made a fantastic start, especially with our defence. Before he came we'd conceded a relagetion team standard 33 goals in half a season. So far this season we've conceded 16, which unless I'm mistaken is the best in Europe. We've been getting some great results away from home and been okay at home, overall I'm chuffed with being in second place at the mo. But he's got a long long way to go and we need to improve in a lot more areas (keepin the ball against anyone above 14th, playing at a much higher tempo, increasing players confidence in themselves, keeping a tight lid on who says what and to who, scoring chances that we create against shit teams and creating chances to score against good teams...) before I feel that I'm comfortable and confident that Mancini is going to be a good manager for us.

This is by no means a complaint - i want Mancini to be our manager for his co tract and longer. But I do not think he's made us anywhere near the real deal yet! But like everything else give him time and it should come.

That's a good post. It's riiculous to start saying he's the best manager in 30 years and all that shit. WE don't know that yet. He inherited the best squad in 30 years and spent the most money, so success is demanded.

His first six months were a failure. His next six months have been much better, I'd say he's doing fine after a shaky start. The goalposts for him are miles away from any City manager in years, and quite rightly.

Kinky Dribbler said:
I had my doubts about Pearce when he put David James up front, but after he cracked out Beanie I knew we had the next Joe Mercer.

Ha quality.

He is the most promising manager we've had since Kendall. He has an aura about him. This is a man who will only tolerate success.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.