have never felt so comfortable...

The Fat el Hombre said:
Well there you go, there's a bit more to it than just implying that 'he failed'. There are varying degress of failure and he hardly failed miserably, so I don't think it's fair to just say 'he failed' as there are a lot of perfectly valid (IMO) reasons as to why he didn't succeed in what turned out to be a very tall order, all things considered.

Exactly mate. He might have been given top 4 as a target in that first season but it's unfair to say he 'failed' because he didn't reach them. We'd spent a lot of money on players before he arrived and we had a good squad but there was a lot wrong with the team and the way they played. Those problems really have only been eradicated to a satisfactory extent in the past couple of months so to judge after 6 is unfair. It reminds me a little bit of when Royle first took over; he had 17 games to save us but the team was so messed up that despite him doing quite well we were still relegated. The blame went to the manager/s before him and so it does for last seasons failure to get in the champions league.

I see Didsbury_Dave is laughing at fbloke for saying he wouldn't swap our manager for any other in the world but no one should be surprised by that. I might be wrong and if I am I apologise but iirc the same poster laughed at me when I said I could see that Mancini has a genuine plan on how to take us forward whilst everyone else was moaning about drawing with Blackburn and playing supposed negative tactics. He does have a plan, City have a plan and it won't be finished until we are champions of the premier league which, if not this, will be next season.

I think Mancini is one of the best managers in the PL at the moment. I like his: intelligence, confidence, experience and sense of authority.
My biggest reservation with Mancini is connected to his communication skills. His English is getting better but when you truly need to motivate and inspire people you need to be fluent in their language.
Rednapp, Moyes, Ferguson and Mourinho can all motivate teams to produce performances of a higher standard than the same players did under other managers.
I have not yet seen that from Mancini. Hopefully this will come!

When Mancini first took charge the improvement defensively was astounding. Within 5 or 6 games we began to look solid, well organised and confident in the process. We changed to a zonal marking system on set pieces and the shape of the team became more compact and tough to beat. I think at times last season the fans (myself included) began to worry that the defensive side of the game was all that Mancini could provide but this season we have seen a different side with the performances like Fulham (A). That shows the side wants us to become and I have complete confidence in him now. We need to improve further and get better at breaking teams down at home when teams put 10 men behind the ball but with the imminent signing of Dzeko it appears that Mancini is well aware of our short comings and is trying to sort it and that's all we can ever ask.

Plain Speaking said:
I think Mancini is one of the best managers in the PL at the moment. I like his: intelligence, confidence, experience and sense of authority.
My biggest reservation with Mancini is connected to his communication skills. His English is getting better but when you truly need to motivate and inspire people you need to be fluent in their language.
Rednapp, Moyes, Ferguson and Mourinho can all motivate teams to produce performances of a higher standard than the same players did under other managers.
I have not yet seen that from Mancini. Hopefully this will come!

LOL at least half team barely understand an english word

I think someone said it in another thread... the belief in City possibilities cameback with Sven for me... those first 5 months really brought back the magic... the rest we can leave behind in the archives...

Mancini has something I rarely see in a manager... he doesn't seem to get rocked by much on the pitch... good or bad results he always comeback and is always saying we need to improve, we need to work hard... even if we play a brilliant game he gives praise and then goes back to the 'mantra'... If we play a bad game or has misfortune that is what he is saying... and for me that is something we have been lacking for way to long... we dont need to get ahead of ourselves... just keep do what we need to do... improve, work hard... That fills me with confidence... result comes and goes but this is still a learning curve for both players and fans and club... and this is how we do it... we improve and work hard...

ive done a massive uturn over the past few months.

apologies to the vast majority of BM'ers who i argued, bitched and annoyed several months ago (as forevercity).

I was wrong, you were all right.

errrrr........Forza Mancini!

Mad Mario said:

apologies to the vast majority of BM'ers who i argued, bitched and annoyed several months ago (as forevercity).

Ha! No wonder you changed your name ;)

Mad Mario said:

you are welcome

Mad Mario said:

it does take a huge heart to agree to changed views... im glad your still around since I have always enjoyed your post before that early autumn hizzyfit!

Mad Mario said:

Mad Mario.....well good.. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.