Have to admit I laughed...

TGR said:
The manager should sit the players down and show them that clip. We were forced to watch it so why shouldn't they? ;-)

The manager should sit himself down and show the clip. He was the one that thought 4 in midfield could contain that lot. Ludicrous.

pass2silva said:
TGR said:
The manager should sit the players down and show them that clip. We were forced to watch it so why shouldn't they? ;-)

The manager should sit himself down and show the clip. He was the one that thought 4 in midfield could contain that lot. Ludicrous.

It is nice to have a proper lesson in football every now and then though.

Caveman said:
BlueMooney said:
I actually thought that was quite funny.
It is funny, and if Blues aren't finding it funny they've had a personality transplant as we are usually a set of fans who can have a laugh at ourselves!
Totally agree its very funny, and we should laugh at it, it sums up how good they were, and how bad we were.

On a more serious note, somebody should play this to the squad before the CSKA game, after showing them a couple of episodes of Benny Hill, and show them how embarrassing it really was. Its a 2 minute video, played at what 2 or 3x normal speed, so say 6 minutes of football, we touched the ball about 3 times, with Navas having it the longest, for all of about 3 seconds.

cleavers said:
Caveman said:
BlueMooney said:
It is funny, and if Blues aren't finding it funny they've had a personality transplant as we are usually a set of fans who can have a laugh at ourselves!
Totally agree its very funny, and we should laugh at it, it sums up how good they were, and how bad we were.

On a more serious note, somebody should play this to the squad before the CSKA game, after showing them a couple of episodes of Benny Hill, and show them how embarrassing it really was. Its a 2 minute video, played at what 2 or 3x normal speed, so say 6 minutes of football, we touched the ball about 3 times, with Navas having it the longest, for all of about 3 seconds.

YES

cleavers said:
Caveman said:
BlueMooney said:

Give over! Bayern were awesome, as that video attests to. They did to us what we have done and will do to countless teams. Sometimes you've got to hold your hands up and say "we got schooled by a team at the top of their game".

That doesn't mitigate tactical mistakes the manager may have made or players underperforming, but really if we want to talk about embarrassing performances then we should look at the lesser teams who we toil against. Against Bayern we got beat by not just the better team but a special team.

BillyShears said:
Give over! Bayern were awesome, as that video attests to. They did to us what we have done and will do to countless teams. Sometimes you've got to hold your hands up and say "we got schooled by a team at the top of their game".

That doesn't mitigate tactical mistakes the manager may have made or players underperforming, but really if we want to talk about embarrassing performances then we should look at the lesser teams who we toil against. Against Bayern we got beat by not just the better team but a special team.
Sorry Billy, but on the night, the difference between two sides, supposedly at the top of their respective leagues was embarrassing in my opinion, yes Bayern were very good, but we were utterly useless for 75 minutes, and I'm not going to dress it up as something it wasn't. If ours had been full of britlish players, and been given that kind of lesson, then I might accept it more easily, as british players are probably that far behind, give or take the odd one, but our team contains players that are in the top 50-100 players in europe.

acton28 said:
pass2silva said:
TGR said:

It is nice to have a proper lesson in football every now and then though.
Just not when its a 'proper footballing lesson' in the Community Shield against the rags eh

cleavers said:
BillyShears said:

Sorry Billy, but on the night, the difference between two sides, supposedly at the top of their respective leagues was embarrassing in my opinion, yes Bayern were very good, but we were utterly useless for 75 minutes, and I'm not going to dress it up as something it wasn't. If ours had been full of britlish players, and been given that kind of lesson, then I might accept it more easily, as british players are probably that far behind, give or take the odd one, but our team contains players that are in the top 50-100 players in europe.

Bayern will dish out lessons like that throughout the CL this season IMO. As I say, they were special IMO, and honestly I'm not just saying that. I watch far too much football for my own good, and a performance of that technical quality I haven't seen since Pep was running Barca.

BillyShears said:
cleavers said:
BillyShears said:

Bayern will dish out lessons like that throughout the CL this season IMO. As I say, they were special IMO, and honestly I'm not just saying that. I watch far too much football for my own good, and a performance of that technical quality I haven't seen since Pep was running Barca.

Other teams will pack the midfield and stop them having the time and space to take the piss. Not rocket science. They're good, but they're not THAT good. Our tactics played right into their hands, and was a car crash for seventy five minutes. Lesson learnt I'd like to think....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.