Have to admit I laughed...

BillyShears said:
Bayern will dish out lessons like that throughout the CL this season IMO. As I say, they were special IMO, and honestly I'm not just saying that. I watch far too much football for my own good, and a performance of that technical quality I haven't seen since Pep was running Barca.
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they won't, but it doesn't make it any better viewing as a blue. At the game, lots around where I sit were saying lets hope they don't go up a gear, because for most of that 75 minutes they looked like they could, it wasn't just the passing, it was the movement off the ball, quite scary that we could be made to look like that.

Just shown my missus that video (she didn't see the game, and highlights of it were immediately banned), her first word at the end was 'embarrassing', and she's watched City for over 30 years.

cleavers said:
BillyShears said:
Bayern will dish out lessons like that throughout the CL this season IMO. As I say, they were special IMO, and honestly I'm not just saying that. I watch far too much football for my own good, and a performance of that technical quality I haven't seen since Pep was running Barca.
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they won't, but it doesn't make it any better viewing as a blue. At the game, lots around where I sit were saying lets hope they don't go up a gear, because for most of that 75 minutes they looked like they could, it wasn't just the passing, it was the movement off the ball, quite scary that we could be made to look like that.

Just shown my missus that video (she didn't see the game, and highlights of it were immediately banned), her first word at the end was 'embarrassing', and she's watched City for over 30 years.

I'm not sure they could've gone up a gear. Most Bayern supporters I know happily admitted that they hadn't played that well under Pep since he joined. Comfortably their best performance of the season so far.

It'll be interesting when we go there to see how we set up and how we perform. I suspect we'll all see a reaction to what went on at the Etihad the subsequent smug as fuck comments from some of the Bayern players.

cleavers said:
BillyShears said:

The guy who sits next me said very similar... he said 'the worrying thing here is that they are only in 3rd gear!' I think he was right.

irishben said:
A Rag mate sent this to me, Its taking the piss bu[youtube]t fuck me Munich were good....
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OqFO75hHQI[/youtube]
An observation. City please take note. Every single Bayern action on that field was a controlled pass, none of this hoof and hope shite... Joe, look and learn.

cleavers said:
BillyShears said:

I really don't want to sound confrontational here, but your Missus must know fuck all about football. That clip was speeded up by scum to make us look bad, we never lost our shape and kept chasing the ball, Munich were superb, embarrassing, not in the least.

Bluebee2 said:
That clip was speeded up by scum to make us look bad, we never lost our shape and kept chasing the ball, Munich were superb, embarrassing, not in the least.
Really ?? I hadn't realised.

Bayern were good, I said that above, but we were also awful, we chased the ball yes, pity we rarely got near it, and when we got it, we just hoofed it, at times we looked clueless, I thought it at the game, not from this short video, which while a piss take, is also quite funny. Its not the bits of that video that bothered me, its the lack of ability, of top european players, to a) get the ball back, and b) keep hold of it when we got it.

For 75 minutes we looked completely out of our depth, whether it was the manager or the players fault doesn't really matter, for the standard of player we have, to be given a lesson in football like that, was, in my opinion, and I suspect many others, embarrassing.

I laughed when we battered United 4-1 and they had no excuses, like there was a man sent off or something like that. Besides if United played against Bayern they would of been destroyed more so than us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.