Have you ever applauded an opponent's goal V us?

I remember Cyrille Regis getting a standing ovation of City fans after he scored a wondergoal for WBA at Maine Road.

Ah, the days when we were sportsmanlike!

davymcfc said:
ljungberg when they twatted us 4-0 the season we went down. that was a footballing masterclass. also i clapped when a barnsley player scored against us the day we were crowned champions in division 1.

Good spot. I think we all clapped that one.

I remember when Spurs beat us at COMS in the dreadful 06/07 season the guy next to me applauded and said "great goal" when Tom Huddlestone scored to make it 2-0. But to be fair, it was a decent finish and we didn't have many goals of our own to cheer that year!

Also, I seem to remember in the dreadful days of Frank Clark, when we lost to Bury at home, we were that poor that we actually booed our own team off, and then clapped the Bury players off, unless I've imagined that? I was only young!

Many a time when the oppo have scored a good goal as despite it being against my beloveds, I still appreciate good football.

Never done it for the rags though, bizarrely.

I remember when Swales sold Franny Lee to Derby I was gutted. Probably the worst decision ever and beats selling Dunney by a country mile. Anyway the season we sold him Franny scored a belter at Maine Road and made a gesture towards Swales that summed everything up. I applauded him even though I was gutted because it was a good goal and because of who he was.

Pretty sure i, along with most of the fans around me, applauded zoltan gera's equaliser at the blue camp in the carling cup this season. unbelievable tekkers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.