Have you ever applauded an opponent's goal V us?

Not against CITY, but 21st July 2008 when hibernian played Barcelona, pep guardiolas first game in charge and barca won 6-0, messi scored a hatrick with eto'o, henry and gudjohnson getting the others, never before have I been so mesmerized in my life, I applauded the little genius. What a player

I gave Zoltan Gera a clap for smashing that screamer in against us in the Carling Cup this season. I think its fine if the goal is outstanding....unless scored by a rag of course, in which case its a stuffy fluke....

A couple, but only when they have been moments of pure genius.

I always remember when we played Gillingham in 01/02, we were already up, and well, as you can see, the full stand more or less of Gills applauded this goal:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p909bAeYAk[/youtube]

Bluemoon115 said:
A couple, but only when they have been moments of pure genius.

I always remember when we played Gillingham in 01/02, we were already up, and well, as you can see, the full stand more or less of Gills applauded this goal:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p909bAeYAk[/youtube]

I've watched that so many times over the years and never understood how Ali backheel chips it. The laws of physics defy that move !!

Bellamy's Caddy said:
I gave Zoltan Gera a clap for smashing that screamer in against us in the Carling Cup this season. I think its fine if the goal is outstanding....unless scored by a rag of course, in which case its a stuffy fluke....
Yep I applauded that one as well. I knew there'd been a recent one but couldn't remember.

Also a lot of ironic cheers during the 8-1 at Boro a couple of years ago. More like daft end of season take the p**s type celebrations than genuine applauding. Think the joke died a death when it got to 5-0.

Stevies Bald Head! said:
Arsenal at home maine road about 8 or 9 years ago.

The applauding was then followed by a couple streaking on the pitch and a guy who just sat in the centre circle, folded his arms and refused to move.

Classic.
yess this one

Soulboy said:
I remember Cyrille Regis getting a standing ovation of City fans after he scored a wondergoal for WBA at Maine Road.

Ah, the days when we were sportsmanlike!

I remember it well. Cyrille Regis was a true football great.

TINY said:
Arsenal, at Maine Road, think they were 6-0 up after 18 minutes. Applauded a Pires goal, and stood up and applauded when he was substituted. Some of the best football I've seen at that game.

I don,t think I,ve ever heard a home crowd give an away team so much applause and appreciation for that display.
Awesome and thousands did actually clap them off at half time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.