Have you ever applauded an opponent's goal V us?

SambaMike said:
ello_jo said:
I found bullards goal celebration funny
I had a laugh at this and clapped it.

If the opposition score a good goal then yeah i'll applaud it because I appreciate good football. I also enjoy the ironic celebrating when we have easily beaten a team but they score a late consolation goal, doesn't happen very often though with City!

I laughed at the Bullard celebration, but the city fans around me were not impressed! i'm pleased it wasn't just me!

I've never applauded a goal, but I have expressed my admiration of a good goal.

It hurts, but sometimes you just have to admire great football.

I have clapped a substitution, though, on numerous occasions.

Adebayor said:
SambaMike said:
I had a laugh at this and clapped it.

If the opposition score a good goal then yeah i'll applaud it because I appreciate good football. I also enjoy the ironic celebrating when we have easily beaten a team but they score a late consolation goal, doesn't happen very often though with City!

I laughed at the Bullard celebration, but the city fans around me were not impressed! i'm pleased it wasn't just me!

This

Me too how could you not laugh at that Comedy Gold!!

Must admit not clapping opponents goals as often now cos there not as many!! :)

Lmarkham-blueblood said:
several, all own goals though :)

Ah yes. There was a terrific one where our very own Richard Dunne latched beautifully onto an incoming cross and blasted it in to the top of our own net with all the aplom of a top striker. Brilliant stuff and causing much merriment.

never applauded an opponents goal against us but I remember twice standing to applaud an opposition player of the pitch!!!

both times at Maine Road

Thierry Henry

Paul Merson (for Villa)

yes, chelsea against us last year ? when they beat us three one, the move for anelkas goal was class.

Remember beating Oldham 5-2 at their dump Season before the Premier League started. 5-1 when my hero of just a few years before Paul Moulden scored from a yard out I happily clapped that one in the 90th minute! If I remember that day David White hit a hat trick on a pitch that looked more suitable for beach football

Arsenal when they came to Maine Road a few years back, think they were about 4 up after 20 minutes, after the 4th went in (Pires I think) I recall most of the ground applauding, they were just absolutely sublime, some of the best football I have ever seen anywhere, ever! There was nowt else to do, you couldnt be pissed off because they were THAT good, so the only thing to do was to respect them for it, and that I did by applauding. I think Pires got pretty much a standing ovation from most of Maine Road when he was taken off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.