Have you ever applauded an opponent's goal V us?

Mwape Miti (Odense Boldklub) when he scored in the 1-0 defeat in Odense in a preseason game in Denmark, 6-7 years ago. Odense Boldklub is my home team.

dunnie at villa this season, closely followed by 'he here he's there he's every fuckin where its richard dunne.... etc' didnt have the heart not to do anything, he gave us the respect of not celebrating so we returned it.

Cyrille Regis's goal for WBA in a 3-1 win for them at Maine Road in the early eighties ...... he ran diagonally acrosss the pitch and just barged the entire City defence out of the way before sliding it past our keeper ....... great goal , and they were a good side back then.

There was also a fantastic goal scored by Dean Saunders at Derbys Baseball Ground in a 6-0 win for them one day .........

ello_jo said:
I found bullards goal celebration funny
I had a laugh at this and clapped it.

If the opposition score a good goal then yeah i'll applaud it because I appreciate good football. I also enjoy the ironic celebrating when we have easily beaten a team but they score a late consolation goal, doesn't happen very often though with City!

manchester blue said:
I can't recall a particular goal but I, along with what seemed the whole of Maine Road applauded Gianfranco Zola off when he was subbed. I think he was touched at the reception he got that day. Needless to say he ran the show and we got hammered! But I was proud to be a blue that day after that great show of sportsmanship. You wouldn't get that at OT.

Absolutely !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zola was one of the finest players I have ever seen at Maine Road and I for one have never witnessed such a superb display and reception he received from an away crowd.
I really did see a tear in his eye,as I don,t think he has ever heard or seen such a reception form a partizan cowd.
Maine Road I will always applaud you for such a generous applause for one of the Worlds finest players to be seen at our old ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.