Have you ever applauded an opponent's goal V us?

pepsi_dave said:
Arsenal when they came to Maine Road a few years back, think they were about 4 up after 20 minutes, after the 4th went in (Pires I think) I recall most of the ground applauding, they were just absolutely sublime, some of the best football I have ever seen anywhere, ever! There was nowt else to do, you couldnt be pissed off because they were THAT good, so the only thing to do was to respect them for it, and that I did by applauding. I think Pires got pretty much a standing ovation from most of Maine Road when he was taken off.

Carlo Nash's debut in goal for us - his first 4 touches of the ball for City were to pick the ball out of the net!!!

alib said:
pepsi_dave said:
Arsenal when they came to Maine Road a few years back, think they were about 4 up after 20 minutes, after the 4th went in (Pires I think) I recall most of the ground applauding, they were just absolutely sublime, some of the best football I have ever seen anywhere, ever! There was nowt else to do, you couldnt be pissed off because they were THAT good, so the only thing to do was to respect them for it, and that I did by applauding. I think Pires got pretty much a standing ovation from most of Maine Road when he was taken off.

Carlo Nash's debut in goal for us - his first 4 touches of the ball for City were to pick the ball out of the net!!!

Yeah, and they did to us again 2 years later in 02/03 if im not mistaken, :(

Marco Gabbiadini header into the net in front of thousands of Sunderland fans in the Platt Lane, great support, great goal, I was pissed and we won anyway.

robsta said:
Yes, the odd time when it's a really good goal. But never if it's one of those teams/players I absolutely hate.

The one I can remember which I think majority of Blues applauded was the Andy May penalty in the 10-1 win against Huddersfield. Remember him turning and bowing to the Kippax.
If I remember rightly there was quite a cheer went up as well.

for some reason i remember applauding a tom huddlestone goal against us, (sort of devalues the actual times when you should :D) why i don't know!, a few people around me seemed to be doing so as well

i've applauded henry a good few times when he's come over to take a corner and zola back at maine road, can't really remember but i dare say i've applauded a few of arsenals over the years, good to give them a few back this year :D

I can remember applauding a Les Ferdinand diving header at loftus road, right in front of us, cant remember the score of that game but i was only 5 or 6, apart from that never

I remember Zoltan Gera scoring the volley against us at the beginning of this season in the league cup and the whole stadium pretty much applauded that goal. Especially as they only brought around 100 fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.