Have you ever moved/lived abroad? What was your experiences, best advice?

Really, really love Japan.
If there is reincarnation, I hope I'm Japanese.

Lived there for a short period myself. Amazing place, people are so friendly and developed a taste for fish that keeps me in good stead today. I was in Tokyo at the time, my only regret is I was relatively young when I went an took me longer than I would have liked to get settled and going if I had gone later I would be far more efficient.

Lived in Rhodesia untl I was 13. Thought it was great when I was a kid but looking back at it with hindsight not so good. Where we lived there was a curfew and you were not allowed out of your house after sunset, school bus on a morning had armed guards, when my dad did national service my mum and me had to learn to use firearms. 1st day at our new house we couldn't leave as a pride of lions had took up residence in our garden.

That is really interesting my wife is Shona and has consistently said the place was a paradise before the sanctions, admittedly they don't live in Mbari or the HDA. I always find it interesting that her father for instance thought Rhodesia for all it's flaws was better than Zim but her Aunt despised it and even in the current state would never go back

Amazing place but my god it is basket case. I've travelled a fair bit I've never seen anything like it, even trying to spend or use money is a challenge.

Have you been back at all?

Lived in Helsinki for 5 years, loved every minute, didn’t want to come home and wish every day we could have stayed.

We came back as my eldest is autistic and for the sake of his education it was thought better by the doctors and us that he had the same language at school as at home - also the U.K. is world leading when it comes to autistic education. Other than that we’d still be there.

Too many reasons to type.
Have you ever been ?
No. I had a stupid aversion to Japan for years. Thankfully all gone and I would love to go. They seem to have a great deal to admire. Hopefully in the next two or three years.

Lived in Zambia for 3 years from 1966 onwards, I was only 7 years old when we went. My memories are of a fantastic country with wonderful people. I would love to go back one day to see how it is now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.