Have you ever seen one of the all time greats play City?

Esteban de la Sexface said:
Lads, one of the all time greats played for City. George Weah. I remember being completely in awe of this guy in the mid 90's. He was terrifying defenders across the strongest defensive league in the world for fun.

World Player of the year, 3 times African Player of the Year, European Player of the year, African player of the Century.

Yeah - but he wasn't a patch on Paul Dickov (ask Uncle Joe). If he had been African - it would have been him who won all that stuff.

Esteban de la Sexface said:
Lads, one of the all time greats played for City. George Weah. I remember being completely in awe of this guy in the mid 90's. He was terrifying defenders across the strongest defensive league in the world for fun.

World Player of the year, 3 times African Player of the Year, European Player of the year, African player of the Century.

Beat me to it!

crazyg said:
I'm pretty sure City played Ajax in a friendly in the early 70s, and won 3-0. I thought Cruyff played, but I could be wrong.

It was late 1968, it was arranged after our defeat by Fenerbahce in the European Cup - I'm not sure whether Cruyff played either.

lancs blue said:
crazyg said:
I'm pretty sure City played Ajax in a friendly in the early 70s, and won 3-0. I thought Cruyff played, but I could be wrong.

It was late 1968, it was arranged after our defeat by Fenerbahce in the European Cup - I'm not sure whether Cruyff played either.

I think Neeskens played against us once. Not sure he counts in that class though.

blueste41 said:
Half the Bayern team from the other week?

That thought crossed my mind too.

Lewandowski for Dortmund?

Henry definitely.

And if he continues to play at the level he has since his arrival at Etihad, Sergio 'Kun' Agüero could easily join that select group.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.