Have you ever seen one of the all time greats play City?

Maldini played in the friendly when Boj scored a great goal. He was past his best but in he's undoubtedly an all-time great.

droylsdenblue said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Franco Baresi for AC Milan in 1978?

Ruud Gullit for Chelsea in (?)1995

Baresi was only 18 in 1978 and he was on the bench at Maine rd, did he come on?
According to the programme that is

Baresi did start that game at Maine Rd.

squirtyflower said:
i seem to remember dino zoff playing at Maine Road when we beat Juve 1-0

That was some Juve side, as well as Zoff there was Tardelli, Scirea, Gentile and Causio who all featured in Italy's 1982 World Cup Final victory over West Germany.

lancs blue said:
droylsdenblue said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Franco Baresi for AC Milan in 1978?

Ruud Gullit for Chelsea in (?)1995

Baresi was only 18 in 1978 and he was on the bench at Maine rd, did he come on?
According to the programme that is

Baresi did start that game at Maine Rd.

squirtyflower said:
i seem to remember dino zoff playing at Maine Road when we beat Juve 1-0

That was some Juve side, as well as Zoff there was Tardelli, Scirea, Gentile and Causio who all featured in Italy's 1982 World Cup Final victory over West Germany.
I,m sure some of the mature blues will agree ( maybe through gritted teeth) Bobby Charlton.

I have seen Pele ( can hardly remember it) Maradona ,Messi ,never seen Cruyff live,Zidane,Platini,Maldini and Baresi,Dalgleish,Ronaldo ( Utds) but the best individual performance I witnessed was by the Brazillian Ronaldo for RM at OT ,for which he received a rare standing ovation( at OT)

My list of best players ever .

Maradona No 1

Pele.

Messi ( could go to No 1 if he has a good WC)

Cruyff,Zidane,Best,Ronaldo (Brazil ) Beckanbaeur ,Platini,Eusebio.

Then a whole host of fantastic players inc Mueller ,Ronaldo,Van Basten,Bergkamp,Henry,Charlton,Rossi,Dalgliesh,Schmeichel,Gerrard,Laudrup,Gullit.

This an interesting thread.
The best player I ever saw at City was german. He was called Bert Trautmann.

The debate about George Best is amusing. What do you have to do to be called great - in footballing terms.?
have a long distinguished career, playing at the top level, be in winning teams World cups etc...
I saw Best play and yes he was brilliant dribbler at times and he was always in the news with some "Bird" on his arm.
The swinging sixties etc..............BUT does that make him a footballing great?.

Bluep*ss said:
This an interesting thread.
The best player I ever saw at City was german. He was called Bert Trautmann.

The debate about George Best is amusing. What do you have to do to be called great - in footballing terms.?
have a long distinguished career, playing at the top level, be in winning teams World cups etc...
I saw Best play and yes he was brilliant dribbler at times and he was always in the news with some "Bird" on his arm.
The swinging sixties etc..............BUT does that make him a footballing great?.

Best was the best I have seen. Brilliant on the ball,two footed,best dribbler ever and so wonderfully balanced. Scored plenty of goals and created too.

Lads, one of the all time greats played for City. George Weah. I remember being completely in awe of this guy in the mid 90's. He was terrifying defenders across the strongest defensive league in the world for fun.

World Player of the year, 3 times African Player of the Year, European Player of the year, African player of the Century.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.