Have you ever seen one of the all time greats play City?

I saw City beat West Ham 4 -3 and England's World cup winning captain scored one of the goals for West Ham.

Kenny Dalglish in his prime was world class. That Liverpool side pissed on us at our place so many times it was frightening.

Gasgoigne

Ronaldo

Ronaldinho getting a standing ovation for not joining the rags!

Schweinsteiger the other week

Henry

Berkamp

squirtyflower said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
If I remember rightly (I think it was for Bert Trautmann's testimonial) there was a combined City/United team playing a World XI and Tom Finney, Stanley Matthews and Uwe Seeler turned out for the World XI.

Can anyone confirm that?
you'd have to give us an idea of date PB

57?58?59? somewhere round there?
Should have said might have been for Bert's testimonial which was 1964 but certainly not after 1966.

Saw City play AC Milan in 78 with a great 3-0 result that night, but it was seeing the great Italian midfielder Gianni Rivera play that night, I think he played only 60-65 mins before being substituted but it good to see him play................

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Kenny Dalglish in his prime was world class. That Liverpool side pissed on us at our place so many times it was frightening.
Was going to say this.
Without a doubt the best British opposinv player I've seen at ours.

Bettega, Causio, Boniek, Vogts, Simonsen were great overseas talents who came in those 70's UEFA Cup matches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.