Have you, or anybody you know, got the virus yet?

More likely 5 percent will catch it I heard and 1 percent die.

3 million get it - 30,000 die.

Will be somewhere between the figure I quote and the figure you quote.

Our Science guy was quoting Merkel who told Germany 7 out of 10 of them would get it.
He said our model is higher, 80% worst case scenario. Mortality rate was 1%. Check out the press conference and you will see he said exactly that.

So nearly 600,000 is the figure if their model is accurate. Let's hope your figure is way over the top, never mind the one talked about today.

Nobody as yet but the issue is people we do know could have it and not know indeed never know themselves that they had it. Same for oneself- could get a sore throat and a cough for example - got those last year ffs - doesn't mean its Covid-19. I think the issue is that a lot of us - like tolmie's hairdo above - could also get it and not know or pull through but anyone like me who has a Dad who is 81, bowel cancer survivor, diabetic, high BP or father - in -law 82 currently having BP issues and keeps collapsing or even mother -in -law at 82 who seems in sound health but is 82 you just worry they could get it and submit to it very quickly..... worrying times.

Wouldn't really be able to tell if I got it till it was to late as I have these symptoms through my smokin shit nice to know kaz is getting better and Worsley is working on wife number 15.

Our Science guy was quoting Merkel who told Germany 7 out of 10 of them would get it.
He said our model is higher, 80% worst case scenario. Mortality rate was 1%. Check out the press conference and you will see he said exactly that.

So nearly 600,000 is the figure if their model is accurate. Let's hope your figure is way over the top, never mind the one talked about today.
That's their realistic worst case scenario remember.

Can you share what the underlying issues were? Because I keep hearing this.

These are the underlying issues most talked about -

Co-morbidities also raise the risk of dying from Covid-19. China CDC’s analysis of 44,672 patients found that the fatality rate in patients who reported no other health conditions was 0.9%. It was 10.5% for those with cardiovascular disease, 7.3% for those with diabetes, 6.3% for people with chronic respiratory diseases such as COPD, 6.0% for people with hypertension, and 5.6% for those with cancer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.