Have you seen some of the comments from neutrals!?

This thread is great stuff, its way above football rivalry, so glad that our mad mad club (my lad called it a circus as we left the stadium on Sunday, and I can't argue) made so many neutrals happy, its hard to understand it really, but somehow, and I'm sure united supporters will disagree completely, football was the winner.

jimharri said:
Tottenham Dave said:
I used to think I'd hate you if you won it.

I ain't gonna lie.

I thought the process of your success was wrong, I thought you didn't deserve it.

But the truth is, after THAT winner, with the pictures of your fans on the pitch, crying their eyes out, nah, I couldn't help but be happy for City.

It doesn't matter how it was done, the City fans earned the trophy.

I've always seen City, Everton and Spurs in a bracket - the lesser of the cites.

You lot have broken the spell, regardless of the route, I only hope Everton and us will join you.

Hats off City.
Facking 'ell geezer! A ''deeecent'' Tottenham fan. Quick; wrap him in cotton wool and protect him!

;-)

Seriously though; thanks for the kind words mate. Much appreciated.

Still haven't forgiven you lot for breaking an 18 year old's heart back in 1981 though!

Enjoy it City, we would!

Manchestercitychorlton said:
To be honest I couldn't give a shit what any neutral fan says. This is ours to enjoy, nobody elses and we deserve it.

The term typical rag would be used if a United fan said this.

Tut tut.

I hope other long suffering fans can experience that feeling at some point. It was easily the single greatest moment I have ever experienced.

Although its more unlikely to happen to anyone else what with FFP.

Tottenham Dave said:
For the rest of us mortals, how does it actually feel?

I mean to win?

We've been waiting 51 years.

It must be great.
For me, I'm still a bit numb with it all, still keep checking its not a dream, I've watched it 4 times now, once was sheer hell, the other 3 times have been wonderful. I've also celebrated three times, at the game when the whistle went, after the game, and boy did we celebrate in the City centre pubs afterwards, I only went in 2, but I have never seen anything like it, then again in the square on Monday, that was a more relaxed, more sober party, but equally enjoyable.

If you win it eventually then make sure you celebrate with your fans, friends, and if possible family, I managed all three at the weekend, and it made it very special, it would be hard to forget anyway, but it was easily one of the best days of my life (50 earlier this year).

Most football fans don't like the idea that we bought the trophy, but that's how you get success. That's not fair on City, or us fans, it's a comment on the way football works.

The team we put out against QPR cost the same as Utd's at Sunderland. Previous winners were Chelsea.

I prefered football when Forest got promoted and won the league in their first season back in the 1st Division but now the premiership is like 3 leagues, and it's impossible to break into the top 4 without a serious amount of money. Maybe Spurs are an exception because they have been up there on the fringes of the top 4 gradually adding to their squad, but if they had one bad season and ended up being relegated they'd be shot to pieces and all that good work would have been undone.

City are getting good pr at the moment because the win was heroic in a way, and everyone could see in the crowd the emotion of the fans and what it meant to us. What we do next season is down to us and our own hunger. What neutrals think is nice (or not) to hear, but what we do on the pitch is 100% down to us and the fans, and of course the refs. We'll still be fighting the odds next season as well (although Ashley Young's card has been marked for good I think)

cleavers said:
Tottenham Dave said:
For the rest of us mortals, how does it actually feel?

I mean to win?

We've been waiting 51 years.

It must be great.
For me, I'm still a bit numb with it all, still keep checking its not a dream, I've watched it 4 times now, once was sheer hell, the other 3 times have been wonderful. I've also celebrated three times, at the game when the whistle went, after the game, and boy did we celebrate in the City centre pubs afterwards, I only went in 2, but I have never seen anything like it, then again in the square on Monday, that was a more relaxed, more sober party, but equally enjoyable.

If you win it eventually then make sure you celebrate with your fans, friends, and if possible family, I managed all three at the weekend, and it made it very special, it would be hard to forget anyway, but it was easily one of the best days of my life (50 earlier this year).

That's brilliant mate, I can almost taste it!

Baggies fan dropping by to say well done and well deserved! They announced the City result at the end of our game ... initial gasps and then a massive cheer around the ground!

Reading through some previous threads on here re "celebrating" v "gloating" sums up the difference between City and Utd fans for me. City fans who've experienced the lows (and by Christ we've had more than our fair share of them too) understand the difference. It might as well be same word to United fans as their arrogance and lack of any knowledge beyond their own team is why they are disliked across the country.

BTW I went to the FAC semi final at Wembley last year on a corporate freebie ... 5 City cars/coaches to 1 Utd all the way down the M6 (FACT!) ... evened out nearer Wembley for some reason? Anyway had a cracking day out celebrating with a group of City fans afterwards.

Don't lose your roots and remember everything in football goes in cycles ... hope you win the Champions League next season ........ just to watch Fergie choke some more!

macca80 said:
Fair play to the QPR fans

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fW3CWNyYoBo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... W3CWNyYoBo</a>

That says it all really. Has anything like that ever happened at any sporting event before? I doubt it.

What a great thread. Not read it all yet but many thanks to all the "neutrals" who've enjoyed the moment with us.

This is going to be one of those "where were you when...?" moments.

Great stuff. Someone should do a compilation of all these clips.

All these fans of other teams coming on here has really made me realise. I don't dislike any other team. Every club has a decent set of true fans. This is with the exception of the horrible horrible club that is united. They are either scum who spit and pretend to be MIBs or fans who are nowhere near town. Welcome to those from other clubs reading this. I must be feeling happy still from the win and also the alcohol that is still inside me. CHAMPIONS wow (not gloating, just celebrating)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.