Have you seen some of the comments from neutrals!?

Marvin said:
Most football fans don't like the idea that we bought the trophy, but that's how you get success. That's not fair on City, or us fans, it's a comment on the way football works.

The team we put out against QPR cost the same as Utd's at Sunderland. Previous winners were Chelsea.

I prefered football when Forest got promoted and won the league in their first season back in the 1st Division but now the premiership is like 3 leagues, and it's impossible to break into the top 4 without a serious amount of money. Maybe Spurs are an exception because they have been up there on the fringes of the top 4 gradually adding to their squad, but if they had one bad season and ended up being relegated they'd be shot to pieces and all that good work would have been undone.

City are getting good pr at the moment because the win was heroic in a way, and everyone could see in the crowd the emotion of the fans and what it meant to us. What we do next season is down to us and our own hunger. What neutrals think is nice (or not) to hear, but what we do on the pitch is 100% down to us and the fans, and of course the refs. We'll still be fighting the odds next season as well (although Ashley Young's card has been marked for good I think)

But even Forest bought the first ever £1m footballer in Trevor Francis.

SourceOfTheTrent said:
I thought I'd wait until you'd all calmed down a bit before posting my congratulations !

I'm really genuinely happy you've won the title. I'm especially happy for all the City fans I've known over the years who've experienced the good times and the bad - and for a club the size of City there's been a lot of relatively bad times.

I'm a Port Vale fan so I know more than most what it's like to wait a long time between successes (and even then our successes are on a fairly small scale).

I've always had a soft spot for City and I couldn't really say exactly why. Years ago if Vale weren't at home on the same Saturday as City I would make the trip to Maine Road, easily done from (at that time) Longport station at the north end of Stoke or by car as I got older. I always felt welcome at City and never felt I couldn't openly say I was a Vale fan who had just come along to see City play. Although we were a million miles apart and City fans must have thought they'd never play Vale in a league match there wasn't any obnoxious piss taking, just humourous banter, not like the superior attitude you get from Tarquin who lives in Hertfordshire on his annual trip to Old Trafford (he's always been a red, you know. Not because he's a glory hunting arsehole, it's because of family connections - his grandad passed through Piccadilly station during WW2). It's not Man Utd I can't do with so much, just the turds who support them.

Anyway, unbelievably for me, Vale and City actually did end up in the same division for a few seasons in the 90's, coincidentally at the same time I was working in Manchester in a factory on the east side out towards the M60. The overwhelming majority of people in the factory were City fans, as you'd expect, with a mix of Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport fans and even a couple of Stoke and Vale fans. The football discussions were great and the City fans only reinforced my view that they were genuine footy fans who knew the game and, whilst being part of a big club, weren't disparaging or disrespectful to fans of smaller clubs who could never realistically hold the same dreams and hopes City fans could.

That's an endearing quality and one you should try and hold on to now you've finally reached the promised land. It'll be difficult as you should have more and more success and you too will start to attract the Tarquins from Hertfordshire but I just hope you don't get swamped with them like your Salford neighbours.

Some people, particularly those with a drinker's conk and an ageing brain pickled in whisky, will say that City have bought the title. Well, who hasn't in the past 20+ years and, more importantly, who wouldn't if they could? I sure as hell wouldn't feel any less happy if a mega rich owner funded the Vale to the Premier League title. I'd be over the moon just to get back to the Championship!

Finally, congratulations once again. Like Blackpool getting to the Prem (and hopefully getting back?) City, even with your sugar daddy, winning the league after so many years is a breath of fresh air to all the real football fans who follow their teams week in and week out knowing that the major trophies are nearly always going to go to the TV 'fan' funded corporate brand clubs like ManUre, Arsehole and Chelski. We all know what the wait's like but we don't know what the success is like and we're all a bit jealous of how you must be feeling right now!

Don't change - just stay as proper football fans, as City fans, the big club the fans of smaller clubs can identify with.

And TONY MARTIN if you're still out there I hope the pain of the last 44 years evaporated for you on Sunday afternoon!

Thank you Sir for the post. We will stay grounded and show respect to all clubs ( except one ) and their fans....after all we know what its like as we've been there. Good luck Vale.

1.618034 said:
macca80 said:
Fair play to the QPR fans

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fW3CWNyYoBo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... W3CWNyYoBo</a>

That says it all really. Has anything like that ever happened at any sporting event before? I doubt it.

What a great thread. Not read it all yet but many thanks to all the "neutrals" who've enjoyed the moment with us.

This is going to be one of those "where were you when...?" moments.

Great stuff. Someone should do a compilation of all these clips.

The best compilation of clips is on the thread "This is how it feels to be City" on Blue Moon Forum....its brilliant.

SourceOfTheTrent said:
I thought I'd wait until you'd all calmed down a bit before posting my congratulations !

I'm really genuinely happy you've won the title. I'm especially happy for all the City fans I've known over the years who've experienced the good times and the bad - and for a club the size of City there's been a lot of relatively bad times.

I'm a Port Vale fan so I know more than most what it's like to wait a long time between successes (and even then our successes are on a fairly small scale).

I've always had a soft spot for City and I couldn't really say exactly why. Years ago if Vale weren't at home on the same Saturday as City I would make the trip to Maine Road, easily done from (at that time) Longport station at the north end of Stoke or by car as I got older. I always felt welcome at City and never felt I couldn't openly say I was a Vale fan who had just come along to see City play. Although we were a million miles apart and City fans must have thought they'd never play Vale in a league match there wasn't any obnoxious piss taking, just humourous banter, not like the superior attitude you get from Tarquin who lives in Hertfordshire on his annual trip to Old Trafford (he's always been a red, you know. Not because he's a glory hunting arsehole, it's because of family connections - his grandad passed through Piccadilly station during WW2). It's not Man Utd I can't do with so much, just the turds who support them.

Anyway, unbelievably for me, Vale and City actually did end up in the same division for a few seasons in the 90's, coincidentally at the same time I was working in Manchester in a factory on the east side out towards the M60. The overwhelming majority of people in the factory were City fans, as you'd expect, with a mix of Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport fans and even a couple of Stoke and Vale fans. The football discussions were great and the City fans only reinforced my view that they were genuine footy fans who knew the game and, whilst being part of a big club, weren't disparaging or disrespectful to fans of smaller clubs who could never realistically hold the same dreams and hopes City fans could.

That's an endearing quality and one you should try and hold on to now you've finally reached the promised land. It'll be difficult as you should have more and more success and you too will start to attract the Tarquins from Hertfordshire but I just hope you don't get swamped with them like your Salford neighbours.

Some people, particularly those with a drinker's conk and an ageing brain pickled in whisky, will say that City have bought the title. Well, who hasn't in the past 20+ years and, more importantly, who wouldn't if they could? I sure as hell wouldn't feel any less happy if a mega rich owner funded the Vale to the Premier League title. I'd be over the moon just to get back to the Championship!

Finally, congratulations once again. Like Blackpool getting to the Prem (and hopefully getting back?) City, even with your sugar daddy, winning the league after so many years is a breath of fresh air to all the real football fans who follow their teams week in and week out knowing that the major trophies are nearly always going to go to the TV 'fan' funded corporate brand clubs like ManUre, Arsehole and Chelski. We all know what the wait's like but we don't know what the success is like and we're all a bit jealous of how you must be feeling right now!

Don't change - just stay as proper football fans, as City fans, the big club the fans of smaller clubs can identify with.

And TONY MARTIN if you're still out there I hope the pain of the last 44 years evaporated for you on Sunday afternoon!

Thank you for that mate! My first ever game was City v Port Vale at Maine Road when I was 5. That was only 13 years ago it's amazing to think of the disparity between our two clubs nowadays. I hate the thought of us one day monopolising football for years the way the rags have done. Every true football fan deserves to feel the way us Blues felt on Sunday, and I genuinely hope that other clubs like yours one day get a crack at success.

Make this post a classic. Really appreciate all the comments from the neutrals. Lets stay grounded and show similar respect to other footy fans ( except one ).

Hi, Vale fan here again!

I've attempted to post an image you might like to see. It was taken a while after the final whistle at last year's FA Cup Final and is a view of City fans from the very top of the Stoke end. Probably a view none of you got, unless any of you were in the 'wrong' end!

Image081.jpg

SourceOfTheTrent said:
Hi, Vale fan here again!

I've attempted to post an image you might like to see. It was taken a while after the final whistle at last year's FA Cup Final and is a view of City fans from the very top of the Stoke end. Probably a view none of you got, unless any of you were in the 'wrong' end!

Image081.jpg
Same here. I was in the Club Wembley seats in the Stoke end;

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/rs1vF.jpg[/bigimg]

Would have loved to have been down the other end, but beggars can't be choosers!

Wasn't the greatest game of football I've ever seen but I really enjoyed it and when Toure scored the roar from the City end was awesome. In all the years I've been going to games I've never experienced anything quite like it, directly facing 50000 people all bursting into celebration at the same moment and Wembley seems to contain the noise quite well, a lot better than the old stadium.

Marvin said:
Most football fans don't like the idea that we bought the trophy, but that's how you get success. That's not fair on City, or us fans, it's a comment on the way football works.

The team we put out against QPR cost the same as Utd's at Sunderland. Previous winners were Chelsea.

I prefered football when Forest got promoted and won the league in their first season back in the 1st Division but now the premiership is like 3 leagues, and it's impossible to break into the top 4 without a serious amount of money. Maybe Spurs are an exception because they have been up there on the fringes of the top 4 gradually adding to their squad, but if they had one bad season and ended up being relegated they'd be shot to pieces and all that good work would have been undone.

City are getting good pr at the moment because the win was heroic in a way, and everyone could see in the crowd the emotion of the fans and what it meant to us. What we do next season is down to us and our own hunger. What neutrals think is nice (or not) to hear, but what we do on the pitch is 100% down to us and the fans, and of course the refs. We'll still be fighting the odds next season as well (although Ashley Young's card has been marked for good I think)

Forest broke the record to buy Francis. Spent a million buying Ian Wallace I think and broke the goalie record for Peter Shilton. Completely agree with the point but spending and sustained success have always gone with each other. I think the Arse were the last ones not to spend buy and win it, although they paid big wages relatively.

Living the football dream.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.